Chapter 35

"You said no more fighting!" Shawn's voice boomed through the room as he reprimanded his younger sister.

"During the school year!" Will argued back.

We all occupied one of the bedrooms in the home. The girls and I sat on the bed, while Shawn, Eric, and Calvin stood in front of us like they were our fathers.

"I don't give a fuck Will. He was a whole nigga twice your size!"

"What else was I supposed to do? He was tryna take advantage of Nick!" She motioned towards Nicki, who had her head rested on Rocky's lap, it not being hard to tell she was drunk.

"And since the hell when did you have a boyfriend?!" Eric demanded.

Eric was the baby in Will's family, but he definitely had me thinking otherwise as he pressed his older sister for answers. So much so I didn't even think about the fact his 15 year old ass was even at the party.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Will snapped.

Eric knew better than to believe that. "Well he's something and I don't like it."

"You don't even know him!"

"Guys do we really needa be fighting about this at a party?" I cut in, sensing Will's growing annoyance.

"Don't even get me started on you." Calvin chasisted, glaring at me. "What the hell was that bold shit with Nico? I told you to stay away from him."

"So you thought you could get into a fight with Jaden and there would be no consequences?" Rocky spoke for me. "She went through hell so the nigga wouldn't kill you and I mean that with the utmost seriousness."

"That true?" Calvin asked me and I just softly nodded. "Why didn't you tell me Janae?"

I took a breath. "There was nothing to tell you about. It was between me and him."

"What do you even- No it wasn't Janae!" He yelled angrily at me, making me flinch.

Calvin never yelled at me. At least not like that.

"Calvin I'm so-"

"Go home." He commanded, inhaling deeply from his nose, as he looked to the side.

"Cal-"

"Go. Home." He opened the bedroom door. "All of y'all. Now."

Slowly, each one of us got up from our positions, leaving the room without another word. The night was officially a disaster as we trudged out of the home, the party back in full swing like nothing had happened.

All of us pilled into Nicki's mother's car, Will in the driver's seat since Nicki was in no state to drive. Our lively mood was now dead as we sat in the car, coming to terms with the fact that we had actually gotten kicked out.

"So, where are we going?" Will asked, breaking the silence.

"What time is it?" Kaylen wondered.

"A little past 12," Rocky responded from the passenger's seat.

"Can we get food?" Nicki asked. "Please. I'm really hungry."

"So burgers and then Nicki's," Will concluded as she started the car.

"Yup," Rocky confirmed, the car starting to move forward.

Kaylen placed her hand on my leg. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good," I assured. "Just over this night."

"Hang in there, it's almost over." She told me, and I just rested my head on her shoulder, hoping she was right.