Chapter 26

The thing about a lie, especially a lie to my magnitude, was that you had to keep it up until everyone believed you. To hear that little ole me made the rash decision to go to a party a couple towns over with some seniors, was a hard sell. The smell of weed from my jacket just made it a little easier to go with. But, that still didn't mean people believed me.

My parents sure as hell didn't have a reason not to, Kelly even had to talk down Mama from pulling the belt out on me. Her and the rest of my siblings all agreed it didn't sound like me, but after having a group discussion with them the next day about the 'struggles of growing up', they let me live and left me alone.

The only people that I had to really work on to let it go was the girls and Q. And considering how stubborn they were and how well they knew me, they knew either there was more to the story or that wasn't the story.

I wasn't gonna tell them any different no matter how many times they pressed.

Q and I stood in line, waiting for our turn to buy tickets for our school dance. I was on a strict go to school and come home punishment, but I managed to convince Quincy I would somehow manage to be allowed to go to the dance. Considering what I had been through, I deserved a nice night. 

"Hey Q." Bianca greeted as we finally reached the table, and I almost wanted to walk away from the table completely.

Her friendship with Quincy bothered me. I knew it steamed from jealousy, but I couldn't help it. She was the only girl I saw him associate himself with outside of me and my girls. I understood that having separate friends was a good thing, but I didn't get why he choose one of them to be her, an attractive girl.

All that hey, hi, how ya doing business, I wasn't feeling it. No matter how none flirtatious it was.

"Hey Bianca." Q replied. "You're in Student Government?"

"Secretary." She informed. "So how many tickets?"

Bitch. I'm right here.

"Two." He spoke, glancing at me with a smile.

"10 dollars please." She held out her hand while her other grabbed two tickets.

"There you go." Quincy placed the money in her hand and grabbed our tickets.

"It's gonna be really fun, I promise." She insisted, smiling at him. "We got a really good DJ and everything."

Rocky already spilled little gems about the dance preparations, so this was nothing new to me. I just kept silent, wanting to leave already.

"Oh yeah? I'm holding you to that." Quincy pointed to her playfully. And at that, I started walking away leaving him to follow my lead. "Alright, you take these 'cause you already know I'm gonna lose 'em." He handed me the tickets and I just stuck them in my bag.

"That was weird." I forced myself to comment.

"What?"

"You and Bianca."

"What? We're just friends."

"I don't know. It's just weird seeing you associate with other girls." I shrugged. "That's it."

"Is that your way of tryna tell me to not talk to her anymore?" He gave me a look. "All we say is hi and bye."

"That was hi and bye?" I asked, pointing back to where we just were. "She acted like I wasn't there the whole time."

"No, she didn't."

"Oh, so you're defending her? Smiling in her face acting like you ain't know information when you do?" I couldn't help but quip back, crossing my arms, as I looked at him.