Chapter 28

"You gonna say anything?" I asked as Quincy let me walk through his front door.

After he caught my moment with Dre, I suggested we talk, and after he agreed, he hadn't said a word to me since.

"Nae, you're not supposed to be out of the house." He reminded me as he shut the door, dropping his bag.

"I know that, but I needed to get out. It's been two weeks." I defended.

"So the first person you decide to go see is Dre?"

Here we go.

"Don't even be like that."

"How else am I supposed to be?"

Things had been rocky between the two of us for a while. Ever since we argued at school, it was like we found a million and one other things to disagree about. We'd have a good moment, then something would go left. I wanted us to be us again, and it hurt that we were going through such a time in our relationship.

"I'm not here to fight with you. I'm here 'cause I want us to be okay." I grabbed his hand softly. "I love you."

"Janae, I don't understand you." He spoke, voicing his frustration. "I don't get any of this."

He didn't have to elaborate for me to understand what he meant. Our relationship was becoming difficult and complicated. We didn't know how to let things go when we differed. And it was leaving me in my own limbo knowing I started it all.

"Do you trust me?" I wondered, almost afraid to hear his response.

"Yes."

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course I still love you." His free hand cupped my cheek.

"Isn't that enough?" I whispered as I looked into his eyes.

Quincy's response was just a kiss. A long and lingering kiss that I couldn't deny I missed the feeling of. "When do you gotta be home?" He asked as he pulled away from my lips, leaving me dazed.

"I don't know."

He lifted my body with ease, my legs instantly wrapping around his body as his lips found mine once more. And though, at the time, I had never gotten drunk before, I thought like this was what it felt like. Every kiss called me back for more, my senses being tainted by impulses. I felt giddy and excited as I discarded my jacket off my body, and my hands roamed his body with a mind of their own.

It was then that I finally understood Will's jokes and witty comments. When you were in the moment, you were willing to do anything and everything. As we fumbled and stumbled, trying to make it to his bedroom, we seized every opportunity to remove articles of clothing from our bodies. Too caught up to care or to notice.

I didn't give a fuck what time I had to go home.

🖤

"Stop!" I screamed with a laugh as Quincy tickled my sides, pushing him away. "Baby, stop."

"You only call me baby when it's convenient." Q teased as he laid next to me.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do." He let out a chuckle, grabbing my leg, pulling me on top of him, his sweatshirt riding up on my near bare body at the motion.

"I almost never say your real name." I insisted, sitting up.

"You say my real name every day!"

"You call me Janae every day." I brought up, smartly.

"Cause it depends on the situation."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes." He rolled us over, making me smile. "When you make me mad best believe I'm pulling out the government name. If I hit you with the middle name, you better run." He emphasized his words by squeezing my sides, making me laugh. "I'm about to whoop your ass if I'm calling you Janae Thalia."

"You whooping my ass?" I asked, amused, squinting my eyes at him. "Really?"

"You tryna test me?" His grip on my body got tighter in an instant.

"No." I quickly responded, making him snicker.

"Relax." He started to place kisses on my neck. "If I hurt you, trust, I'mma make you feel better afterward."

I found myself focusing on the way he kissed and sucked on my skin, and I just knew if he continued on, we'd be going for another round.

"If I'm not home- damn. If I'm not home before my Dad, we're never doing this again." I tried to sound stern, but the way his hands slipped under the shirt I had on, I was sounding weak and defenseless.

"You don't sound too convincing."

"I mean- Q!" I squealed, feeling him tug at my underwear.

"Alright. Alright." He chuckled lightly, removing himself from my reach, and getting off the bed. "Let's get you home."

And twenty minutes later we were at my front door, kissing and exchanging 'I love yous' before I walked through my front door and he made his way home.

"You know I charge by the hour right?" Calvin asked as soon as I entered the house. "You've been gone for five."

"And how much per hour?"

"A cool twenty bucks."

My face furrowed at his words. "Damn nigga, the hell you want, my kidney?"

"If I ever need it, yes." He smiled.

I just ignored him, walking to my bedroom, letting the happiness I felt with Quincy marinate in my mind once I threw myself on my bed.

Whoever said sex didn't fix shit was a damn liar.