Hi and Low

It's been a week since Paul visited us and told me he was my dad. Mum won't speak to me now she is just ignoring me. When I try to talk to her she just acts as though I'm not there and looks straight past me. She's ignoring me because apparently it's my fault that Phil left her, it's not my fault that she cheated on him and wasn't careful! To be honest I don't really want to talk to her after she said I was a mistake, that really hurt knowing that I wasn't really wanted.

On the other had Paul, my real dad, was really trying to make me feel wanted. He calls and texts me every day to see how I am and what I'm up too and I met up with him last Saturday at costa coffee . I didn't tell mum but then she would have just ignored me anyway.

He told me that he wanted to introduce me to his family. He has a wife called Julie and two sons called Jay and Tom who are twins. As soon as he told me that one of his sons was called Jay I smiled because his last name is Mcguiness and so is Jay from The Wanted, my favourite band, but I knew it wouldn't actually be him.

There must be loads of people with the last name Mcguiness and why would I be related to him out of all people? I'm no one special. Anyway Paul said that he hasn't told anyone about me yet but he was going to tell them who I was when I met them. Bit risky surely? What if they don't like me?

I'm really nervous I'm going to see them on Saturday, oh my days that's tomorrow! What do I wear? What do I say to them? What if they don't like me? Okay I've got to stay calm, it will be fine. Hopefully. They will like me. Who am I kidding? This random girl is just appearing in their lives from nowhere after fifteen years, they're not going to like me.