Epilogue

I just said bye to Alain

I just said bye to Alain... I didn't want to, but I wanted to come home with Zane, Abi, and our parents. I had to say bye to the others when Abi left with our parents to check on our house cuz it was so hard.

Cuz Zane got hurt when the others got his mask off, he was on crutches right now. I stayed back, so he didn't have to rush with our parents and Abi.

He knew how to put on a face, but I knew it had to hurt.

"Hey, Lie?" Zane stopped.

Was he tired?

"It's crazy, isn't it?" He looked at the ama. "You and I are going home after all these years. It was something we wanted but couldn't have."

I put my arm around him. "That's crazy, but I can't wrap my brain around the fact that we have a little sister."

"Me, neither. She just popped into our lives overnight."

We continued walking.

"Is there anything you miss from before the bad people took you? I missed Dad holding me after I had a bad dream."

Zane smiled. "I dunno if there is a something for me. I haven't thought about that in years."

I guess he wouldn't... There was no way he could just not recognize me. The bad people did something that made him do that. I didn't need my powers to know that.

"I hope the house is still there..."

"I'm sure it will be," Zane said. "I can't wait to sleep in my bed again..."

Poor Zane... He wouldn't say so, but I was pretty sure he was feeling crummy. The night we spent at Alain's house helped a lot, but he still didn't look great. Getting hurt couldn't have helped, either...

"I'm surprised no one in town is trying to bombard us with questions." I glanced back and forth.

"I'm glad for it. I don't really wanna talk to them right now."

Oh, yeah... I didn't think that sort of thing, but I'd like it less if I felt like Zane did...

We came up to the front of the house. Abi was waiting for us with Mom. She had a sunflower in her little hand.

"For you!" She held it up to Zane.

He took it from her and ruffled her hair. "You're so sweet."

We went inside after that and went straight to our old room. There were new bigger beds where our old ones were and fresh paint on the walls. It didn't look too different than how I left it, otherwise.

"How the heck did they get us new beds?" Zane asked. "We just got back."

I shrugged. "My friends, probably. They know people who are good at things like this."

"Well, I'm impressed..."

Zane moved his crutches and eased onto what we knew would be his bed. He laid back after that and sunk into it. He was probably gonna fall asleep any second.

"Love you, Lie." His eyes were drooping now.

"Love you, too." I gave him a little kiss on the cheek. "Welcome home, big brother."

***

And LftM has drawn to a close! Thoughts on this epilogue? LftM as a whole? Do you think this is the last glimpse into this world? Thanks for taking this crazy ride with me, minna. ^^

~Shino out!