Special Episode IV: A Lion and a House Cat

***Enji***

I smiled as I watched Atty and No sleep peacefully beside me. This lion would always protect his follow cat and cub. Although I had to admit my cat and the pups at Atty's feet were cute, too.

Most saw twenty-one as a special birthday, but if you asked me, twenty-two was better. I'd get to hear my twin brother talk. After not getting to hear his voice for two and a half years, it was like music to my ears.

Noah go up and waved to say good morning.

Atty was still slept, but No and I were happy to leave him as long as he wanted.

Honey and Syrup pawed at the door to ask to be let out, so Noah got up to open it for them.

No and I signed back and forth at this point in an attempt to keep quiet.

"I'll shower after Atty gets up." He rubbed his eyes. "Oh, and happy birthday."

I held back a laugh. "You could have waited. What do you want to do?"

Another shrug. "I'm just happy we're together."

Momo meowed for me to pick her up then licked my nose in greeting. She then meowed to be fed.

"I'll feed her." No then grabbed my cat.

I sighed. They won't let me work, so I might as well enjoy the break.

No immediately went back to his spot next to Atty who woke up soon after.

Atty waved. "Waffles."

I sighed. " I'm sure they have waffles waiting for us." I took a breath. "Happy birthday, Atty."

He signed it back. "En."

Hannah and the twins were in the kitchen when we came in.

The dogs wagged their tails, tongues out, at Atty who patted their heads.

Atty ran to wash his hands when he saw the waffles waiting at the table.

No laughed behind his hand. There were few things Atty loved like waffles.

"Where are the Monkeys?" I asked.

"Ran made them omelets this morning. He's outside with them right now, trying to burn off some of their excess energy."

Atty had finished three waffles by the time I sat down.

"Slow down!" Len shoved a glass of orange juice in Atty's face. "You're going to choke!"

Hannah rubbed Atty's back and spoke in a gentle voice. "Just be careful, alright?"

Len rubbed her forehead. "Now that I think about it, Randel and the Monkeys probably going to come in to eat lunch soon."

Arthur; Isa, who was carrying a sleeping Noiry; and Ray came in.

"Happy birthday, son," Arthur said.

Ray gave Atty a bat on the back. "Happy birthday."

"Happy birthday, honey."

Atty made the sign for cake at Isa.

Isa laughed. "Yes, honey. We're going to have cake after dinner."

I wanted to sigh. Should I tell Atty he was being rude or was he just excited? Isa was kind enough to make our birthday cake last year and the one before, so she probably would this year, too. She didn't seem mad, so maybe it wasn't rude?