Episode 75

Today was the first day of the new year

Today was the first day of the new year. Most of us stayed up to hear the clock strike midnight. Phoenix curled up next to his sister, though, because he was just too tired.

I went to bed around 12:30. Duke was still up and dressed. Anyway, it didn't take me that long to fall asleep, because I was so tired.

***

At first, everything was dark and quiet. Then I found myself in another white room. This one felt different from the last one.

I saw a girl who wasn't very tall. She was even shorter than me. Her face looked older, though. I wanted to say that she was about the same age as me.

Her hair reminded me of fire like Phoenix's did. It had curl to it, but it was nowhere as curly as mine. It was long. It looked like it went down to her waist.

As for her eyes, they were very blue. They were also kind. She wasn't a doormat, though. She didn't let people be mean to her just cuz they could.

She was pale. Her skin was the same color as Alain and his sister's.

She wore a loose dress that blew behind her. It made me notice that there was a breeze in the room. Her dress was long. It went down to her ankles.

She started running, so I ran after her. She led me to a field of sunflowers.

The girl glanced behind me. "Come find me, Briana!"

***

That was when I woke up. That was one of the weirdest dreams I'd ever had.

Duke came over to me. He was in pajamas now. "Hey, kiddo. Did you have a dream?"

"Yeah..." I looked at him. "Have you slept yet?"

"It's not that late!" His cheeks got red. "Was it about your brother?"

I shook my head. I hadn't dreamt about Zane in a while. I wasn't sure if that was good or bad, though.

Duke wiped my forehead with a towel. I hadn't realized I was sweating. "Do you feel okay?"

"Yeah... I'm fine..."

"Think you could be getting sick?"

I shook my head. I didn't think I was. I wanted to hold onto him like I did when I didn't feel good, though.

I didn't want to bug Duke, but I wanted to know more about the girl I saw. Maybe Hannah could help me find out... Noelle was good at digging up information and the others said they had the same type of job.

I'd have to find some way to talk to her later, or I guess later, since it was already after midnight. Hopefully, she could help me... I wouldn't know who else to ask, otherwise...