Episode 40: Bowling

We ended up at a giant building

We ended up at a giant building. The only place that might have as big was my and T's old house. It was white with reds and blues and yellows on top of it.

Del had us stop by the front door. "Hey, Star. Come here."

"Oh, I'll be fine..." He leaned forward. "I know you want this, though..."

Del clipped these black things around Star's ears then whispered in his ear. I couldn't tell what Del said, though.

Noah grabbed my hand and Del took Star's.

"We need to stick together," Del said. "This place can get pretty crowded."

We passed by a screen with lots of words I couldn't read on it.

"Hey, Noah?" I was tempted to tug on him. "What's that black screen for?"

"There's a movie theater over there," Noah explained. "The big screen shows you all the movies they have and when you can see them."

"What's a movie?"

Del looked back at me. "Don't you have a camera? And you use it to take pictures?"

I nodded.

"There are cameras that can make videos," Star added. "Movies are pretty much pictures that move. People can use them to tell stories instead of books."

"Cameras can tell stories?"

Noah nodded. "You can arrange your pictures to make one. Some people are really good at that."

"Wonder if Cole knows how to do that..." Star muttered.

"I'd imagine he does," Del replied.

We got into another room. There were two ladies sitting at a dark brown desk. "Welcome to Night Star Bowling!"

"Phoenix, come here." Noah motioned for me to sit in a chair. "I need to look at one of your shoes."

I tilted my head. "What for?"

Del pulled one of his shoes off. "People have to wear special shoes when they go bowling. You don't know how big your shoes are, right?"

"I don't."

"I'll get the shoes."

Noah and Del went to the ladies to get shoes. When they got back, they set the shoes down so we could put them on.

I could get the shoes on by myself but tying them was a different story. These laces were so slippery! How did Noah and Del do it themselves? My bows fell apart even if I pulled them tight.

"I have a hard time with these, too." Star ran his hand across Honey's back. "Del usually does mine whenever we come here."

Del went up to a screen. He put in things, but I couldn't tell what.