Episode 25: A Mother's Love

*sweat drop* Sorry for the delay. Was being baka and forgot...

T and I really should have gone through more hypotheticals when we made our plan to leave last night

T and I really should have gone through more hypotheticals when we made our plan to leave last night. We hadn't expected them to be waiting for us. the only ones missing when we first got there were Lie, Eni, and Marshall.

"Where did you two disappear to?" Duke had his hands on his hips. "You were gone a long time."

Recah sighed and refused to meet my gaze. I was sure she had some idea of where we went.

"We went to scout out Taradita. We didn't need to all go."

Duke rolled his eyes. "Are you sure about that?"

This was Marshall came through the door. He was dripping in sweat. Seeing as his natural tan couldn't hide his blush and I felt his heart skip a beat, it clearly didn't take him long to realize something was up.

Marshall immediately sat beside his sister. "Did something happen?"

"These two snuck off on their own!" Duke shouted.

"Name one good reason we should've all gone." I shoved my hands in my pockets and met the fifteen-year-old's gaze. "I can think of three that justify what we did: large groups draw attention to themselves, Tiana and I didn't do much, and a Lock could've been waiting to ambush us."

Marshall raised an eyebrow. "Why'd you bring your sister then?"

"You and Duke don't have powers." I glanced at Kaze. She could hardly keep her eyes open now. "Natalie and Phoenix could use more training." Then I smiled. "Besides, T and I sleep together. I couldn't have snuck past her, anyway."

Recah shook her head. She didn't seem convinced by my words. "I wouldn't have wanted to go, anyway. I've been a part of every important thing since we confronted the Council."

Marshall gritted his teeth at hearing "the Council".

"You don't believe that." Duke rolled his eyes. "You and your sister oversee his training. I've overheard you both say he's pretty much on par with you."

T nudged Duke away from me. "He still has things to learn. He's powerful, but strength isn't everything."

"You don't believe that, Princess, Key Keeper."

"What do you mean by that?" she shouted.

"Never mind." Duke turned his head. "It's not important right now."

I face palmed. "You really had to go there?"

The boy smirked. "I did."

"Enough!" Kaze rose. "We did what we had to do. We're playing by ear. We haven't planned that far ahead."

Marshall rolled his eyes. "Why would you admit that?"

"We'll discuss it next time." I put my hands in my pockets. "I saw no point in it then. I wanted to get the ball rolling."