Episode 24: Horse

I sighed when I came out of Lie and Duke's room

I sighed when I came out of Lie and Duke's room. She didn't seem to be sick, but I was still worried. Why had she gotten tired out of the blue like that? It seemed strange.

Duke poked his head into the hallway. "Did you take Lie into our room?"

"She said she was tired, so I put her to bed."

Duke went into his room and I went into the kitchen. Alain's mom was in the kitchen with my sister. They were eating lunch I thought. My sister was having a sandwich and his mom was eating salad.

"Are you alright, sweetie?" his mom asked.

"I need to get out of this house." I rubbed my temples. "I need to play ball."

His mom smiled. "Baseball?"

"Basketball," Becca replied.

"Seb and Jake still play when they can." She furrowed her brows. "Have you learned to use digital maps yet?"

I nodded.

"Check this place then." She took my phone from me. "There should be kids there now."

Duke came in. "I guess she is just tired..."

"What did I miss?" Becca furrowed her brows.

I sighed. "Don't worry about it." I got a cold water bottle out of the fridge. "It's not that important."

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To play ball." I cut him off before he could get a word out. "I'll be fine. Keep an eye on Lie and Phoenix."

My sister said, "Miss Sarah and I can take care of them."

"Isn't Phoenix nineteen like you and my son, anyway?" she asked.

"He is." I turned my head and muttered, "Old habits die hard."

Duke rolled his eyes before he left the room. I wasn't sure what he was mad about, but I couldn't worry about it then. I needed to get out of that over-sized house.

Armed with the digital map Alain's mom gave me, I set off. If I didn't play ball soon, I was going to explode. I needed to avoid that for Lie's sake and my own.

It didn't take long for me to find the place she told me about. Hopefully, no one would bite my head off if I tried to play ball.

When I got into the lobby, I asked the receptionist if they had a basketball court. I wished I hadn't asked that question, but I couldn't take it back. She just laughed and pointed me in the right direction.

When I got in there one boy was dribbling the ball around him and the other was playing catch with the wall. I wasn't sure why they were doing that, but it wasn't my place to ask.

The boy who'd been dribbling a ball stopped when he saw me. He set it in a basket and came over.

His hair was a golden color. Still, it had hints of another color. It reminded me of the ama. His eyes were like grass. They reminded me of some jewelry I'd seen. I thought Leon had called them Peridots, but I wasn't sure...