Episode 50: Halloween

Today was the last day of October and Noah had invited me and everyone else out

Today was the last day of October and Noah had invited me and everyone else out. We were going to go "trick or treating". Ain told me that it was a holiday where people gave out free candy if you knocked on their door.

I didn't know why people did that in this country, but it sounded like fun. Even if it wasn't, I'd get to play with Noah, so it didn't matter.

Before Arthur came with Noah to get us, Ain helped me put on a costume. I was gonna be a lion, so Ain had me put on an orange shirt and pants and then he did something to my hair to make it look like a lion's mane. Noah said his sisters could give me whiskers if I wanted them to.

Lie was gonna wear black and yellow, so she looked like a bumble bee. Duke and Marshall were coming to just as extra hands. T wanted to get in on the fun, too, but I wasn't sure what she gonna wear.

Ain didn't want to go trick or treating. I didn't know what he was going to do instead, though. Recah wanted to stay home with Ain's mommy and hand out candy.

Noah and Arthur came to get us at 5:30. We were going to eat then leave around 6. Oh, and we were going to check our costumes before we left, too.

Anyway, we were at their house now. Ain decided to come with us, but he still didn't want to go trick or treating. It sounded like he was going to stay with Star and hand out candy.

Hannah was going to help out with the monkeys if she knew Star and Honey weren't going to be home by themselves. It sounded like they were a handful. I had a feeling Del was gonna spend most of the night taking care of them.

After we finished our fried rice, I tugged on Noah's shirt.

"You want whiskers?"

I nodded.

The girl who answered the door last time I was here came up to us. "I could do that. I still have my make-up in the bathroom."

I grabbed onto Noah.

This was the first time I got a good look at her. I didn't know the name for it, but her eyes looked like a mix of brown and green. Her hair was like Lie's but straighter.

She got down to my level. "I promise I'm not scary. Just in case you didn't know, my name is Len."

"Why do they call you that?"

"I'll only answer to Eleanor or Len. Unless you're my twin or a little kid."

Huh... I wasn't little anymore, so I probably needed to remember to call her Len. She was scary when she was mad.

"I could do it," another girl said. Her eyes were a mix of blue and green. She had hair like these flowers we had in the garden back home just like Len. I thought they were called sunflowers.

"I can handle this, Ives." Len brushed her hair out of her face. "Go make sure the monkeys are taken care of."

She looked at Noah before she said, "Holler if you need anything."