Chapter 1: New Year's Eve

*LACEY'S POV*

It's so cold. Why did I even agree to celebrate NYE outside? My friends literally just left me there, waiting for Ryan. My boyfriend rather should come every minute or I will freeze here. I look around but can't see him anywhere. Suddenly someone just bumps into me and I turn around and see these 4 punk boys from school. The tattoos are all over their bodies. I guess. Well, they definitely cover they arms. Actually, they are more not in school than they are. I don't get it, what could be more important than the education? They are meeting their girlfriends now. How can someone want to date with people like them? They are rude and they think they own this town. Then I catch the pair of heavenly blue eyes staring at me. I turn my head on the other side and see my boyfriend Ryan. Finally, he's here. He wraps his hands around me to keep me warm, because I'm already freezing. "Sorry babe," he kisses me on the forehead. "That's OK" I say. We stand there like this for few more minutes and then decide to find the rest of our friends. I can't wait for the midnight when I'll go back home and snuggle into my warm bed.

*LUKE'S POV*

I finally spot my girlfriend Laura in this stupid crowd. I can't believe they made us to attend this fucking celebration outside. We wanted to throw a party at Michael's house instead. His parents are spending the evening outside of the town. I'm not wondering why, if I had a chance I would go as far away as possible from here.

While making our way to girls I bump into someone. I don't know who it is, only that it's some girl. When we finally get to our girlfriends, the other boys immediately start kissing with their girls and I kiss Laura lightly on the lips. Calum and Jade are couple like for about 2 years now and it looks like they love each other every single day more and more. Ashton and Amelia are together just like 3 months and it's the same case like Calum and Jade. Michael and Sandra, that's totally different story, he met her literally last week of school. Freshly in love. When it come to me and Laura, we're dating for about 6 months, I guess. I don't know. I don't even think I love her, but whatever.

I'm looking around me if I don't see someone familiar, when my eyes stop at the girl. She stands alone on the same place. I guess we came from that direction. Then I realized it's the same girl I bumped into. Well, I'm looking at her and she's looking at me, or at us. This is totally awkward. Then she turns her head the other way and her lips spread to a big smile. What the fuck? Who is she smiling at? Some guy is coming to her. What my surprise is when I realized it's Ryan. That Ryan.

*LACEY'S POV*

When we make a step forward, I turn my head around one last time and see that blue eyed boy still looking at me. I don't even know why I did it, but he definitely looks angry. What the hell is his problem?

Me and Ryan are walking around the square and listening the music from the stage. Some local bands are playing on it. I don't know who they are. Never heard before about them. But some of them are pretty good I would say. 10 minutes before midnight we finally find all of our friends. I actually didn't pay any attention to the band who is on stage now, but when I look there, I see the punk boys from school. Is this the reason why they aren't going to school? Well, I have to admit they are really good.

*LUKE'S POV*

We're playing on the stage now. The crowd is going crazy. Now I know this is what I want to do. I want to perform in front of people. Fuck the school, I don't need it.

When we finish our last song, it's almost midnight. The host comes to stage and we're leaving. Fortunately, our girlfriends are in the backstage, so we don't have to look for them. The host starts to count the last ten seconds of the 2014. When he gets to 1, after which the sky is full of fireworks, I kiss Laura and the other boys do the same thing.

*LACEY'S POV*

The host is counting and I can't wait for him to reach the final number. After 1 the night sky is full of fireworks of different colours, I look at Ryan and he gives me the NYE's midnight kiss and pull me as close as possible to him. We stay in the hug and watch the fireworks until it's not over.