Letter From Percy

A/n I know the letter came in November but I really want to add it.
Posted: 13th August 2020.

Roselyn's POV.
Over the last month I've been studying with Pansy and honestly I don't see why she needs help since she seems very good at her lessons. I'm sitting in the Gryffindor common room with Hermione, Ron and Harry when in comes a owl, going straight towards us and I notice it Hermes, Percy's owl. I quickly open my letter as Ron opens his and I read mentally,

Dear Miss Malfoy,
I have only just heard (from no less a person than the Minister for Magic himself, who has it from your new teacher, Professor Umbridge) that you have been appointed as a Hogwarts Prefect and Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain. I was most delighted to hear this news and must firstly offer my congratulations as I've never had a doubt you would follow in my footsteps but after I left I was afraid you might take what we can call the 'Fred and George' route, so you must imagine my feelings about this. But I want to give you more than just congratulations, Miss Malfoy, I want to give you some advice, which is why I'm sending this at night rather than the usual morning post. Hopefully, you will be able to read this away from prying eyes and avoid awkward questions. From something the Minister let slip when telling me you and Ron are prefects, I gather you are still seeing a lot of Harry Potter. I must tell you, Miss Malfoy, that nothing could put you in more danger of losing your badges more than continued fraternisation with that boy and I know you are going to say that Potter has always been Dumbledore's favourite but I feel obliged to tell you that Dumbledore may not be in charge at Hogwarts much longer and the people who count have a very different - and probably more accurate - view of Potter's behaviour. I shall say no more here, but if you look at the Daily Prophet tomorrow you will get a good idea of the way the wind is blowing - and see if you can spot yours truly. In all seriousness, Miss Malfoy, you don't want to be tarred with the same brush as Potter, it could be very damaging to your future prospects, and I am talking here about life after school, too. As you must be aware, Potter had a disciplinary hearing this summer in front of the whole Wizengamot and he did not come out looking too good. He got off on a mere technicality, if you ask me, and many of the people I've spoken to remain convinced of his guilt. It may be that you are afraid to sever ties with Potter - I know that he can be unbalanced and for all I know - violent - but if you have any worries about this, or have spotted anything else in Potter's behaviour that is troubling you, I urge you to speak to Dolores Umbridge, a truly delightful woman who I know will only be too happy to advise you. This leads me to my other piece of advice. As I have hinted above, Dumbledore's regime at Hogwarts may soon be over. Your loyalty should not be to him, but to the school and the Ministry. I am very sorry to hear that, so far, Professor Umbridge is encountering very little co-operation from staff as she strives to make those necessary changes within Hogwarts that the Ministry so ardendly desires (although she should find this easier from next week - again, see the Daily Prophet tomorrow!). I shall only say this - A student who shows herself willing to help Professor Umbridge now may be very well-placed for Head Girlship in a couple of years. I am so sorry that I was unable to see more of you over the summer. It pains me to criticise my parents, but I am afraid I can no longer live under their roof while they remain mixed up with the dangerous crowd around Dumbledore. I count myself very lucky to have escaped the stigma of association with such people - the Minister really could not be more gracious - and I do hope, Miss Malfoy, that you will not let ties blind you into the same actions and beliefs of your friends. Please think of what I have said especially the part about Potter. Once again congratulations on becoming prefect and captain.
Yours sincerely,
Percy Weasley.

I look up from the letter and see Harry reading over Ron's letter then say "well if you want to sever ties with me, I promise I won't get violent", Ron snatches the letter from Harry, ripping it as he says "Percy is - the world's - biggest - git". Hermione turns to me saying "maybe you should destroy your letter as well" but I give her a look of incredulous "Well um I uh no?", they all look at me confused until Ron questions "Why's your hair going multicoloured?" and Hermione continues "if there is something that you want to tell us, go ahead". I frown for a second then say sadly "Why do you talk to me?" and Harry answers "because you're our friend" but I shake my head saying "No, you hated me the entirety of first and second year, third year I was always arguing with you all, fourth year I thought Harry put his name in the goblet and believed the ministry, now I barely talk to you and if I do we end up arguing", "we don't hate you" Mione says yet I still continue "Yes you do and I agree. Everyone I have loved someone they leave me and I know you will". Frowning Ron asks "why is your hair multicoloured?" and I answer "I'm happy Percy thought to write, sad because he left, angry the letter is mainly about Harry, confused why you talk to me, scared cause of the war going on, worried about Izzy, stressed because of our O.W.Ls, feeling like I should jump from Ravenclaw tower since everyone hates me oh and don't forget I came out with top marks on Depression, social anxiety and PTSD tests", "one person can't feel all that, they'd explode" Ron says surprised and I reply "just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all do" than I gather my things and go to the library to study Herbology with Neville.

A/N it's finally up!!! *fireworks go off*