Dinner With Death Eaters

Posted: 9th February 2021.

Roselyn's POV.
I'm sitting in the dining room with the Malfoys and Lestranges. Narcissa and Lucius attempting small talk with Draco and I. After a bit Rebastion says "so, Draco, Roselyn, have either of you thought about careers that could help the Dark Lord?"

Out of all of them here, Rebastion must be the most awkward as he rarely says anything unless it is something Bellatrix would say as she always glares and hexes you if you do quite literally anything wrong.

Neither of us say anything so Narcissa after a couple of seconds says "well, Draco wishes to work for the ministry and so does Roselyn."

"You know, I don't see why arrange marriages went out of fashion, they always worked perfectly well when I was younger" Bellatrix says, "Cissy, how come neither are engaged to someone yet?"

"We weren't planning on arranging their marriages, Bella" Mrs Malfoys says. Rodolphus looks up from the newspaper, saying "well the parkinson girl would be good for Draco and perhaps Marcus Flint and Roselyn."

I try to hide my look of disgust at Marcus Flint but a scowl manages to my face and Mr Malfoys catches it, questioning "what's so bad about Flint then, black?"

When I don't say anything but instead just look at my plate, Draco says "maybe he's a bit old for her and besides pansy and I would never work, we're too good of friends."

"well, friendship is what relationships are made of" Rebastion says, "have either of you ever had relationships?"

Both Draco and I nod to this question. While I almost laugh but just bite the inside of my mouth to keep me from laughing over the fact Draco has never had a relationship only slept with people.

"See, you should both know by now" Narcissa says, "the values of each relationship". Still neither of us say a word as the adults continue to talk amongst themselves.

I can't help but think back to that night two months ago between Percy and I. Remembering how his hands felt so soft against my skin as he left delicate kisses to my neck.

Just then Narcissa turns to me, saying "So, Roselyn, who was the your relationship with? Also why didn't I know of them?"

Sighing, I answer, "his name was Terry Boot and it was fifth year but we broke up after nine and a half months before our summer holidays."

Just as Narcissa opened her mouth to reply, Mr Malfoy said, "are you sure he's pureblood? Boot doesn't sound that familiar, does it Bellatrix?"

"he's halfblood, not that it matters" I answer, glaring at him, "just because I'd rather not sleep with my third cousin doesn't mean that you should".

A/n: sorry its so short.