My Best Friend Is Dead

A/n hi this chapter may trigger some so feel free to skip is necessary. And remember if any of you are having problems of your own I'm always free to talk to you about them, I know how it feels I'm going through the same things.
Postee: 3rd September 2020.

Some legands are told,
Some turn to dust or to gold.
But you will remember me,
Remember me for centuries.

Roselyn's POV.
It's now January 6th and only yesterday we got back to Hogwarts. And now after looking for Isobel for about twenty minutes I decide I'm not going to tell her that I'm a Death Eater in person but by writing to her. I begin writing,

Dear Isobel Wood,
I know I should've told you months ago but I'm a Death Eater. I became one back in late July so did Draco, I know that you'll want to know more details so I'll include it all in this letter, But first you must promise to never say a word to anyone ever not even Hermione or Oliver. After my Father was killed by Bellatrix last year, with him being the closest family I have, the rest being second or third cousins or dead, I wanted a family and I'm willing to do anything for you lot so I became a Death Eater. The reason for this was because after they used the Cruiciatus Curse on me (It wasn't even the first time) they threatened to kill and torture you all, and I couldn't handle that so I accepted. So that's the reason for me being quite distant this year but there is still more, Draco and I have been instructed to kill Professor Dumbledore and we've been working on it all year, that necklace was sent by us though I told Draco it would kill I changed the curse so it would only paralize. There is also some meed that Professor Slughorn bought for Professor Dumbledore's Christmas present but never had the chance to give the poison which thankfully has a simple cure, a boazar. We are also fixing the vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement so we can smuggle other Death Eaters in. Finally I would like to say thank you for always being there for me no matter what even after our arguments and I'm sorry.
Sincerely R.A.B.

When I finish writing I go to the owlery and send the letter to Isobel. I'm wandering the halls of Hogwarts when I see her, standing at the top of the ladder and a rope hanging from the ceiling wrapped around Isobel's neck and two letters showing ever so slightly one addressed to her from me and the other to me, no! She can't!

I run towards her but it's to late she says simply "Goodbye is not forever, goodbye is not the end, it only means I'll miss you until we meet again. Goodbye Roselyn Black" then she jumps and I run faster than I ever have before to get help. Whilst running for Madam Pomfrey I come across Professor McGonagall saying as fast as possible pointing to the corridor were Isobel hangs helplessly "Miss! Its Isobel she jumped and I don't know what to do" and Professor says "Go to Professor Dumbledore and tell him what happened and summon the other Head of Houses, I'll bring Wood to the Hospital Wing".

Nodding I go to the Headmaster's Office, once there I don't bother to knock I walk in and there I see both Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape staring at me incredulously at my lack of manners but the second I explain they as in Dumbledore and Snape look understanding then Professor Dumbledore says "Severus alert the other Head of Houses while I write to the Woods and the Minister for Magic".

After writing to the others Professor Dumbledore and I go to the Hospital Wing where I see Isobel, lying helplessly upon a pure white sheet, blood drifting down her arms which are both scattered with scars, new and old. I sit in the chair next to her bed silently as I trace a pattern on her forehead like I did whenever she was sad and thinking 'she's gone. She's actually... dead'.

Within fifteen minutes the Minister and Percy arrive which causes me to immediately leave the Hospital Wing soon followed by Percy who says "Miss Black, how are you not crying? Your best friend is dead", I look up at him saying quietly "She wanted to. She wanted to be with Cedric" but Percy just says "You know what, maybe Isobel was right back at the Third Task, maybe you are cold and heartless".

And the second he says that tears fall down my face and I say tears streaming down my face "Do you know what it's like to have everyone hate you and to be teased by even your friends about you being the smart one yet believing the Ministry about you-know-who because your judgement is blinded by feelings".

Percy looks at me incredulously at me before saying "You think the Yule Ball meant something, it was a mistake and shouldn't have happened".

At that I storm off but he grabs my wrist stopping me from going to far and he says "What's that on your wrist?", what if he saw the mark? and I reply "What are you on about?"

Not even mentioning the black on my arm, Percy says "The red scar, where did you get it?" but not wanting to tell him, I answer "It doesn't matter, now leave me alone" before walking back to the Hospital Wing but just then I hear Percy say "Miss Black, wait" and I turn around saying with tears falling unwillingly "And Percy, don't worry the next time someone is dead... it'll be me".

Then I go into the Wing leaving Percy nonplussed. Once I'm in I see the Woods sitting there each crying, when they look up, they see me and Oliver is the first to pull me into a hug soon followed by Mrs and Mr Wood.

We stay there crying and comforting until Professor McGonagall walks out of Madam Pomfrey's office and goes towards us saying "There was three letters one addressed to Miss Wood, and the second to you three" nodding towards the Woods before continuing "and the final to Miss Malfoy", handing each our letter then turning to me saying "Roselyn I'm correct to presume you sent the letter"

I nod asking scared "Did you read them?" but she just answers whilst handing me the letter from me to Isobel "No I respect your privacy".

Nodding I walk out of the Hospital Wing to the corridor where barely fifty minutes ago Isobel hung herself. I sat on the floor and cry for a while before finally opening the letter. It reads,

Hi Roselyn.
It's me Izzy, Izzy Wood. I just got your letter and I would like to say I admire you for doing what you did and I don't blame you whatsoever, what you did is noble. Now if you're reading this then I have succeeded in killing myself otherwise you will never know how I feel without me saying so. Now that I've got that out of the way I have to say I'm sorry for doing it today of all days with it being the six year anniversary of Angela's death but I had to, its been more unbearable than usual so I had to end it all. I know that many times you've tried to... stop the pain but you must promise me that you will never do that again. It always scares me and everyone else so that is my final wish. Please just remember you'll forever be my best friend no matter what you've done, no matter what you've said.
Goodbye for now Roselyn Black.
Forever and Always,
Isobel Mae Wood.

Putting the letter into my bag I walk to the Gryffindor Common room where I see all of the others sitting together talking happily and I feel bad for having to tell them.

Hermione looks up then seeing me, she calls me over to them. Guessing by my solemn look and the stray tear upon my face Harry says "Hey Lyn. Is everything alright?" and I shake my head answering tearfully "Isobel, she... killed herself".

They all look a mixture of shocked and sad, Ginny, Hermione, Neville and Harry all crying and each being comforted. George and Lee trying to help Ginny, Hermione and Fred hugging tightly together, Aphrodite comforting Neville, and Ron patting Harry on the back awkwardly.

Then after me explaining, what happened but leaving out the letter, they fall asleep and I though tired think about it.