I Ruin My Future

Posted: 17th August 2020.
I thought I saw the devil this morning,
Looking in the mirror.
Drop of rum on my tongue,
And a warning.

Roselyn's POV.
'I'm such an idiot! Why did I join the death eaters? Oh yeah because I'm a bloody coward! Who should be burnt at the stake!' I think angrily. I look at the dark mark, that's burnt into my left arm. I've been here six days and they've already forced me to be a godamn death eater.

Since I got to Malfoy Manor for the summer, they tortured me every single day but since I don't care about dying and would happily kill myself, they threatened to kill and torture everyone I have cared about. Sighing I look to the unopened letter sitting on my desk.

Hey Rose.
I know school broke up six days ago but why have I only got one letter from you? I got that five days ago and the others have told me you haven't wrote in days. If you don't answer this letter I swear on my dead body, that I will personally storm into Malfoy Manor and drag your sorry ass right out of their myself. Then there is the fact Blaise is ill so he hasn't been able to see you, while Pansy and Theodore's families have taken them abroad for the first two weeks of summer. I expect an answer within two hours otherwise you are getting your very first grounding, got it? Now that's over I've been meaning to tell you that Oliver has a girlfriend, a beauxbatons girl called Maya. She was in her seventh year during our fourth year and I was wondering if you knew her? I hope you are fine and if not you are coming straight to my house by tomorrow morning.
Your best friend,
Izzy Wood.

I look over the letter again, knowing I'll have to write now so she knows I am not dead, though at this rate I wouldn't mind death.

Dear Isobel Mae Wood.
Sorry for the lack of communication with you and the others this summer but I've been very busy, studying for our N.E.W.T level courses. Are you going to the Weasley's this summer? If so, I'll see you in eight days, when I go their. Yeah, I do know a Maya, she was born in Amsterdam but moved to France when she was six. She is very good at Quidditch and was Captain from her fifth year onwards. Maya is also a good friend of Fluer Delacour and Antoinette Bernard. I hope you are doing well and I will be seeing Tonks in a few days at Diagon Alley, if that reassures you I am in contact with real and non-fictional people.
Yours sincerely,
Roselyn Andromeda Black.

*Time skip two days*.

Roselyn's POV.
I pull on my blue jacket, it's now the eighth of July and today I am meeting up with Tonks at Diagon Alley. As I walk out of the fireplace of The Leaky Cauldon, I look up and see Tonks running towards me.

She pulls me into a hug, saying "Hey Lyn, how've you been? How are you not dead?" and I say quietly "Hi Tonks". She looks at me confused suggesting "How about we go to Florish and Blotts? There must be books you wanna get, yeah?".

I nod, so we leave The Leaky Cauldon, only talking slightly until Tonks asks "So, what do you think of Rem?". I say "He seems nice, and honestly I am not surprised you like him", guessing by the look on her face I continue, "What I mean is when he taught in third year, many girls from the older years found him alluring, to them he was mysterious, older, smart and sweet".

She looks at me surprised, before saying accusingly "Were you one of those?", I shake my head and answer truthfully "No, I've only had two crushes, Victor and Percy. I still talk to Victor but that crush only lasted four months".

"I can't believe students had crushes on their Professor" Tonks says, and I reply, remindingly "People had crushes on Lockhart as well". She laughs slightly, remembering how I described their infatuation with Lockhart back a couple years ago.

As we go through the shops, Tonks says "What about you? How's your crush doing?", I sigh sadly, "It'll never happen ever, he hates me". "It could when he isn't such a prat" Tonks said, but honestly I'm not convinced at all.

As we continue, I say "If nothing works, I am joining the Hunters of Artemis". Tonks looks confused until I say "In Greek mythology, the Hunters are females, who swore off men and stay in their youth forever, they are led by Artemis, the goddess of the moon and maidenhood".

After a while, I some how manage to buy a month's worth of books, and we go to get ice-cream. I eat my mint chocolate chip, questioning "Dora? What would you say if I... if I got a tattoo?", she laughs and says "I don't mind if you want one, I have three remember and I was a bit younger than you when I got my first".

"Well, would you take me to get one please? Dad always talked about his and I guess I want one" I say, she looks at me with a very clearly flabbergasted look but says "Sure, why don't I take you now, yeah?".

So, after I nod, we go to the Tattoo shop and I begin deciding on the ones I want. The man at the counter says kindly "Hey Tonks, you getting another?", Tonks smiles slightly, saying "Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a name and Lyn, here is having her first".

As we walk through to the seats, a lady walks over and says to me "What would you like, kid?", I think before saying "Please, may I have the name 'Percy' in cursive on my wrist?". She nods before pressing it to my wrist and writing out the name.

After we both have our tattoos, Tonks says "Wanna get a second?". I once again stay silent for a second before saying the one I want.

Tonks stares at mine on my right shoulder before saying "Bloody hell, you are definitely choosing my next one with that kinda style" and I blush slightly out of embarrassment

Finally after spending a couple hours talking, I walk back into my room and go to my bed exhausted, so I pull Siri into a hug.