The Sorting of Carina Malfoy

Posted: 17th July 2020.

Carina's POV.
When the train stopped they  made there way to the boats and found one with only two other people, during the journey they didn't bother speaking much then they saw it, Hogwarts Castle.

After walking through a passageway they are met by a stern looking woman who in Carina's opinion, demure demands respect she then began talking "Welcome to Hogwarts, the start-of- term banquet will begin shortly but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because while you are here your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, you will sleep in your house and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, each house has its own noble history and has produced outstanding witchs and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts your triumphs will earn you house points, while any rule-breaking will lose you house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to which ever house is yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting" Professor Mcgonagall said sternly.

Carina's POV
After Professor Mcgonagall said her speech and left, I saw a girl wispering frantically and decided to see if she is alright 'Izzy come on let's see if that girl is alright' I said to Isobel, she agreed and we went over to her 'excuse me but are you okay? you look rather worried' we asked in unison 'I'm fine thank you, just a little worried about how we are ment to be sorted' she answered 'oh yeah they just use an old hat that sorts you' I said 'Thank you, I'm Hermione Granger pleasure to meet you' Hermione said.

'Hey I'm Isobel Wood and this is Carina Malfoy, anyway Cara how come you know how we're sorted' said Izzy 'Well I kind of used veritursirum on my parents, but you to are the only ones who know I didn't even tell my twin' I replied only for draco to barge in on our conversation 'you didn't even tell me what?' questioned Draco 'I didn't even tell you I'm going to be sorted into Ravenclaw and destroy the family name' I argue.

"Well then your going to be disowned" snapped Draco, "I'll be honoured when I am, yet sadly I was cursed with the surname Malfoy" I sass. Just as Draco was about to reply, Professor Mcgonagall returned 'The Sorting is about to begin' so with that we made a line and followed her.

Really the only person from the first part of the sorting was Hermione but didn't bother listen them til 'Malfoy, Draco' but he didn't take to long as the hat yelled Slytherin when it had barely hit his head then Professor Mcgonagall said "Malfoy, Carina".

So with that I walked up on to the platform when I heard the hat say "ah yes good courage lots of loyalty yet not always and you can sometimes miss-judge, but I also see a thirst to prove yourself to show your more than just a name. Yet there's a hunger for knowledge".

Please Gryffindor, I have to be. I can't be like them, but then the hat continues muttering to me then yelling the last bit "no no that wouldn't do, I see your future. You would be so much better in...RAVENCLAW" and with that I changed my hair pitch black with dark blue streaks.

As the Sorting continued I couldn't keep my thoughts from wondering to a certain Ginger by the name of Percy Weasley, though I know he will never like me the way I love him, I could only hope we can be friends.