Back At Hogwarts

A/n sorry, I haven't updated in two weeks but I'm back at school so, I can't upload as often.
Posted: 31st August 2020.

With a warning,
To help me see myself clearer.
I never meant to start a fire,
I never meant to make you bleed.

Mcgonagall's POV.
As the students eat their food, I look towards the Ravenclaw table and see Roselyn pick at her food. She slowly looks at the Gryffindor table, where her friends are talking and messing about cheerfully.

Though she doesn't show it, I know she cares about it. About her friends not noticing her. I see the mysterious and broken look in her once innocent, blue eyes. I remember when I held her after Marlene's funeral, she was only a three months old but even then Roselyn held many secrets.

Start of Flashback.
Minerva holds the small child in her arms, tears streaming down her face as she thinks about everything Roselyn had been through at such a young age. 

She witnessed her uncles', grandparents' and Mother's deaths.
Had the torture curse used on her small, now broken self. She was only a couple months but she'd already been through so much in so little time.

Roselyn looked to the woman, saying quietly, her baby talk coming through "where mummy?". The professor lets tears fall down her face, not knowing how to explain something like death to such a young child.

"When someone has a good life, they will go to the angels" Minerva tries saying through the tears, "Your mummy, she had an amazing life, so she's going to the angels but she'll always be looking over you, sweetie".

Then as the words sink in, Roselyn cries softly as if she knew the answer all along but was hoping it would be some kind of sick nightmare and she would wake up in her powder blue room with her teddy bear, Leo.

Roselyn slowly but surely began to change, her messily elegant black hair turning to her mother's strawberry blonde locks. Her eyes morph ever so slightly to a bright turquoise but that wasn't her powers, no that was a sign.
End of Flashback.

Next I remember the the first day of her second year, where she holds the same look of jealousy that she does now.

Start of Flashback.
The second year walks a bit behind the rest on her way to the Great Hall, when sees from the corner of her eyes Percy Weasley and Penelope Clearwater. They were holding each other in their arms, smiling happily and feeling as though they were in love.

The small girl, still unnoticed couldn't help but stop and watch the two prefects. After observing for a few seconds she stopped, continuing on her way but still the sad look did not escape her now solemn face.

Professor Mcgonagall and many of the other professors at Hogwarts could see that the metamorphosis had feelings for the older boy. Many even made their usual yearly bets on the students and their crushes.

For example exactly one year prior when the staff were talking after the feast they began their bets. This was when Professor Flitwick had said something about Roselyn's obvious crush on Percy.

"Never mind the fact that Theodore Nott was clearly flirting with Terry Boot" Flitwick had said, "What about Carina Malfoy's crush on the fifth year, Percy Weasley, yeah?".

"There is a four year difference, Filius" Professor Sprout pointed out, "It's too big an age gap especially now". "What about when they are adults? That would be completely normal" Professor Snape said. You see, though it surprises everyone Snape really likes to bet and gossip on his students.

Dumbledore finally decided to join the conversation, saying "Quite honestly, I think that Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy have potential". "So, Potter and Malfoy will get together at eighteen, right?" Professor Sprout asked the group.

When they all put their bets down on a couple of relationships, they go on to Carina Malfoy once again. "What about after Hogwarts? It should work then" Professor Snape suggested. The bets continue until Mcgonagall says "Maybe, they don't see each other for years until they reunite and have both just been divorced, that has the perfect amount of angst".
End of Flashback.