Harry's a Champion

Posted: 23rd July 2020.

McGonagall's POV. (wow what a surprise).
Today is the day the three champions will be picked, when I see the one thing I did not expect Carina Malfoy yelling at Harry Potter and Ron Weasley.

I hear Miss Malfoy say "Why the hell did you skive off divination. I know you hate the lesson but it's all your own fault for taking it. If you keep doing this your going to fail your OWLs and not get into the ministry" and I begin to remember the exact same scene so many years ago.

Start of Flashback.
Professor McGonagall walks through the halls of hogwarts not expecting to see anyone as it is coming up to exams and because of the warm heat of the late April day yet what she didn't expect to witness two fourth year Slytherins a black haired boy and a metamorphmagus girl who's hair is currently fiery red chasing after a once again black haired boy and brown haired boy both of which fifth year Gryffindors. Professor McGonagall heard the girl say once they'd cornered the older two "We heard you two skived. You know if you two keep doing that you will fail your exams and not get into the ministry", the black haired boy "Come on Rosie posie it's one lesson. Not like divination matters anyway, it's all a load of crap, you know that Reggie, Rosie".

Then the younger Black said "Please can you not call us Reggie and Rosie, Sirius. Same for you Potter" next the brunette boy said "As if we care, the ministry is boring" .

Next knowing it was going to escalate Professor McGonagall walked forward making her presence known then said "Okay I'll take it from here. Black, Potter my office now".

Yet just as McGonagall left with the older boys the metamorphmagus said "Well they're not getting in trouble. They're her favourites" the boy nodded "Yeah we get in worse trouble for running to potions from divination or even to astromeny from the dungeons".
End of Flashback.

Walking towards the students I said "Weasley, Potter 10 points from Gryffindor for skipping a lesson".

CARINA'S POV.
Currently I'm sitting at the Gryffindor table since we're aloud to sit where we want, when the first name comes out of the cup and Dumbledore says "The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum" obviously and everyone is clapping.

Next the cup goes red again and Dumbledore says "The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour" this time I start clapping and cheering as well.

Finally Dumbledore says "The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory" well hogwarts stands zero chance, once the clapping stops Dumbledore starts his speech when all of a sudden another name came out and Dumbledore said "Harry Potter".

What! I told him not to. I told all of them not to yet Harry has to be center of attention. Its always Harry this or Harry that even at Malfoy Manor. I turn to look at Harry who looks surprised for some reason.

Hermione gives him a shove forward looking sorry for him while I see Ron and the rest of the school glaring at him even the Hufflepuff table, the most cheerful table was booing Harry.

When Potter is in the same room as the actual champions I turn to Ron and Hermione, I say "Do you think Harry put his name in?", then Hermione looks at me flabbergasted then says "No of course not. And Harry couldn't, he wouldn't" we turn to Ron and he says with envy laced through his voice "Well I agree with Cara. Harry loves attention".

After dinner I'm in the Ravenclaw Common room writing to Percy about what happened,

Dear Percy,
This evening as you well know the champions were picked for Durmstrang it is Krum which is a obvious choice, for Beauxbatons it is Fleur Delacour, yet when Diggory was chosen as the Hogwarts champion a bit after when Professor Dumbledore was doing his speech Harry was chosen as the Hogwarts champion and now he is competing. Me like generally the entire school think he put his own name in, what do you think? Nothing much has happened since I last saw you besides this and please don't mention the spying. It feels like I haven't seen you in months though its only been six days. Will you be at the first task? I presume so you are Mr Crouch's personal assistant
Lots of love.
Yours sincerely,
Carina Malfoy xoxo.

Once I finished writing I went and sent the letter since curfew isn't for another 45 minutes.

A/N sorry its so short.