Christmas On The Closed Ward

Posted: 10th August 2020.
Dancing bears, painted wings,
Things I almost remember.
And a song someone sings,
Once upon a december.

Roselyn's POV.
Today is Christmas and I've just gathered the presents of all that are at Grimmauld Place since I've owled the rest before we broke up for the holidays. When I'm downstairs I hand out everyone's presents and sit down to open mine, in the end I have around eighteen books, Honeydukes chocolates, Mrs Weasley's fudge and a Weasley sweater before dad pulls me out of a room before handing me a small white box. I open the box and see this beautiful chain with a sapphire at the bottom, I look up surprised and dad says "It used to be Marlene's, it was passed through her family. She was going to give it to you on your eleventh birthday but neither of us were there", I pull him into a tight hug and then put the necklace on.

*Time skip brought to you by I really wanna get this published*.

Roselyn's POV.
We are standing in Mr Weasley's room when they begin arguing about him trying a muggle thing called stitches which honestly sounds painful, then out of the corner of my eye I see red hair and excuse myself for the bathroom while really in going to investigate. When standing out of the room I turn and swear I see Percy but I'm not completely certain until he turns when he sits on a chair down the hallway. Walking over I say "Hi", "Miss Malfoy?" asks Percy in confusion and I nod as he says "Your hair-" but I cut him off saying "It's black and short, I know", then out of the corner of my eye I see Hermione, Harry and Ron, and feel myself pulled into a supply cupboard when Percy's hand is over my mouth for a second before he moves it away, I say "Why did you do that?" and he says "They can't know I'm here. Do you know how they would mock me?", "Yeah I do. I'm teased everyday for believing the ministry about you-know-who" I say siriusly before continuing to rant until Percy's lips meet mine putting me in complete silence and I just kiss back, when he pulls away my lips feel a longing and lonely feeling. Percy says "I am so sorry, I shouldn't have done that but you were talking so loudly we were bound to be heard by one of them" and I nod as he continues rambling "Oh merlin it's illegal I'm nineteen and you fifteen, an- and I have a girlfriend Audrey" I look up in shock saying "Yeah and I'm dating Terry and it's illegal and you hate me and if anyone found out they would hate both us even more". Quickly muttering a temporary invisible charm on us we are able to leave unnoticed by anyone and just as I'm normal along comes Hermione, Ron and Harry as we go wandering ending up on the closed ward with Lockhart before we are met by Neville and Mrs Longbottom, "Neville, what are you doing here?" questions Harry, "You didn't tell them, your parents didn't get tortured for their only son to be ashamed of them" accuses Mrs Longbottom Neville before I say "He did tell us we just weren't sure why he'd be here on Christmas day" and Neville looks up nodding earnestly. When Neville and Mrs Longbottom leave I walk to the corner bed and see a woman around thirty-four staring at the wall with a airy smile on her face, she looks like a female version of dad and I realise this is Lyra Black suddenly Hermione calls me other to them do I quickly say "Goodbye Lyra, I'll tell your brother I've met you" but then realise there is only a slight chance she understands me. Then as I leave I think about Percy and Lyra and this Audrey and Terry, soon enough we leave but I'm still thinking about them, why Percy didn't just shush me and coming to the conclusion that he was thinking under pressure but still hope it meant more despite being in the a relationship.