Leaving Hogwarts

Posted: 31st July 2020
We discovered gold.
And judgment showed us,
That our hearts were wrong.
They're the ones,
That we'll look down upon.

Carina's POV.
Currently I'm wandering the halls of Hogwarts and it's 5am. You see, today we're are going back home or in my case going to a house where I happen to live and be unwanted but luckily I'm going to the Burrow a week into the holidays leaving me with the Weasleys for seven weeks thankfully. As I go to the Library with Siri, I begin writing a song called 'Lifeboat'.

I float in boat,
In a raging black ocean.
Low in the water,
And nowhere to go.
The tiniest lifeboat,
With people I know.

Cold, clammy and crowded,
The people smell desperate.
We'll sink any minute,
So someone must go.
The tiniest lifeboat,
With the people I know.

Everyone's pushing,
Everyone's fighting.
Storms are approaching,
There's nowhere to hide.
If I say the wrong thing,
Or I wear the wrong outfit.
They'll throw me right,
Over the side.

I'm hugging my knees,
The captain is pointing!
I thought I was captain?
Still the weakest must go
The tiniest lifeboat,
Full of people I know.
The tiniest lifeboat,
Full of people I know.

Then after writing the first few lyrics I stop and begin reading a muggle book called Pride and Prejudice which I've almost finished. After reading for about an hour Siri and I go to the Great Hall where I get a cuppa tea. Currently I'm sitting at the Ravenclaw table when in come Hermione, Ron and Potter, and I consider going over but since I'm not talking to Potter after his claim of Voldemort being back though recently I've been having second thoughts, I decide to not go over but instead go to the Hufflepuff table all of which still thoroughly solemn and quiet which is very unusual as they are normally the loudest table in the hall. Sitting next to Isobel, she looks up with red and sad eyes indicating she'd been crying again, which has become a normal habit now since Izzy and me made up three days ago. After sitting in silence Isobel asks "So, have you gotten all your things packed?", to which I nod saying "Yeah, I've had most of my things packed for about a week but I finished yesterday, What about you?" and she nodded to my question. About an hour and 9 cuppa tea's later we are getting onto the Hogwarts Express and are at the very front of the train when suddenly she says crying every so slightly, damn it! She crying...again "This is where Cedric asked me out", but I just nod awkwardly. Then we go to a different compartment, once there I take out my book and get a cat toy for Siri. After reading for about an hour Isobel says "So, what book are you reading now?", "Same book as yesterday" I say rolling my eyes, then from the clueless look on her face I add "Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, I'm working my way through her books". Then Isobel questions "What book are you reading next?" and I answer plainly "Emma, also by Jane Austen". Then after dealing with Isobel's unnecessary questions for hours the train gets to platform 9 3/4, once we get out trunks, my cat and Izzy's owl, when we are off the train I go to the Weasleys and Woods with the others when suddenly I'm pulled into a hug and some how I manage to look and see Oliver while Isobel is also stuck in the hug next to me. Once Oliver stops hugging us I let out a breath, and after talking with the others, I'm about to go to the Malfoys so now the only person I have to say bye to is Percy, walking awkwardly towards him I shake his hand whilst looking down shyly and to hide my blush. Then after saying a final goodbye I begin to walk but as I am, Isobel catches up to me questioning "Cara why did you and Percy look so awkward?" oh yeah I didn't tell Izzy about the Third Task, but I just say "I'll tell you another time" before walking towards the Malfoys, At least I'm only there for a week.