Bonus Chapter: The Housecarls

"Oh, you guys are here. I guess I'm late." Argis sneered at his fellow housecarls as he entered the structure behind Valdimar's shop in Morthal. Soon as he did, the talking housecarls fell into a hush. "We're still missing people, huh? I thought I was the only one missing."

"... You're invited?" Rayya asked in a mocking tone.

"Of course, I am, redguard. What's the point of having this gathering if I ain't here?" Argis haughtily replied as he found himself a seat at the table.

Lydia looked at him in disgust. "You're still quite the prick, I see." she commented as she drank her ale. Gregor laughed in his seat.

"... And your tongue remains as sharp as your steel." Argis responded before snatching a tankard away from Calder's hands. The latter glared as the former poured mead over the tankard.

"So, why are we called?" Gregor asked.

"Who knows?" Argis was quick to reply. "I'm still wondering why the old man needed all of us. We don't need weaklings around here..." He then looked at the females disparagingly.

Rayya slammed her cup on the table and turned towards Argis. "You want to figh—"

All of a sudden, Gregor laughed heartily at Argis' remark, interrupting Rayya's supposed challenge.

"What's wrong old man? Senility got you?" the cocky housecarl smirked.

"Hey! I'm not even that old." Gregor chuckled. "It's just funny to hear that, coming from someone who was beat down by a teenage girl."

Argis almost dropped his tankard, his eyes were wide with surprise. The same could be said with the reaction of the other housecarls.

"How did—" the housecarl started to grit his teeth.

"Heard it from Valdimar." Gregor responded nonchalantly. "I couldn't believe Jordis could did you in like that... I guess that girl was talented enough. Ha!" he laughed again.

"Wait, Jordis... beat this guy?" Lydia inquired as he pointed at Argis. Her lips were curving into a smile as she tried to hold in her laughter.

"Yeah. Remember that expedition to Solstheim almost two years ago? When four of them searched for the Thane and left us out?" Gregor turned to Calder with a sardonic smile on his face.

"Don't look at me. I was based at Windhelm... it's not like I had a choice. Valdimar and the others were extremely worried and wanted to go to Solstheim as soon as possible." He paused. "I don't know why you're bringing this up... we've already settled about this last time we gathered, remember?"

"Sure, but I still can't believe you all left us like that. We were all worried about him, too..." Lydia replied as she crossed her arms.

"She's right. Even this brute was worried." Gregor scoffed as he looked at Argis who remained silent in his seat, still glaring at him.

Rayya sat back down. "No matter. Just tell us about how this man was beaten up by Jordis." she sniggered, placing her feet on the table.

"Right, right. So anyway, when we were drinking, Valdimar told me—"

"Shut up!" Argis shouted as he stood from his chair, glaring at Gregor. "Draw your sword and let's take this outside!"

Gregor chuckled once more. "I can't believe you." He held up both his hands as if being apprehended. "Come on! You're really going to fight me over this? You have to move on... our Jordis is just that good. Even I always get a beatdown when we spar." He shrugged. "She's just that talented."

Then he smiled ear to ear. "Although, if we fight now, you can't possibly beat me. Maybe in a hundred years, kid."

"Why you...!"