PROLOGUE: Joining the Dawnguard

A/N

Hello guys! This is my first fanfic so first things first: I do not write good. English isn't my native language so expect grammatical errors every now and then (however minor). Second, for Dovahkiin/Serana pairing lovers, I'm going for a slow burn because it wouldn't feel too real if I rushed things. So I guess things will pickup later in the story (plot & romance-wise).

Third, the Dawnguard storyline may or may not be the only focus of this story. I'm thinking about incorporating the other story lines from Skyrim. I still don't know so, if you keep on reading, you'll see soon enough. Lastly, Remus's background will progress along with the story. There's definitely OC written in this work.

POVs are not stuck to the Protagonist's.

I hope you guys enjoy my work! Please leave some reviews so I could see how I'm doing.

Edit: Anyway, putting separation bars is a royal pain in the ass here so I'd like to make you aware that this story of mine is available in AO3 and FFnet. I'm not going to edit each and every chapter here just to put separation bars for transition so if you don't mind that, feel free to continue reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southern mountains of the Pale.

Shearpoint.

Sigh.

It's been a while since I was last in Skyrim, and I'm sent to one of the coldest and farthest areas in the province.

Home sweet home.

But, no matter. I've already been here a few years back. When I fought with the dragon priest Krosis.

A dragon has been attacking villages and areas within Whiterun hold. So, thanks to Hulda, the innkeep of the Bannered Mare Inn, I had a deal with Proventus Avenicci, Steward of the Jarl of Whiterun.

I stay hidden, and the dragon gets killed. Of course, I'd also get paid.

A dragon attack in Skyrim... first I've heard about one in a while.

Afterall, Alduin... is dead.

Slowly but surely, I made my way to a nearby rock. This was hard to do, considering the level of the snow. Once I was in position, I scouted the area.

Perched up at the top of the dragon wall was the target. Its body was colored bronze and spots of black dotted its skin.

An elder. It's sleeping.

Carefully, I reached for an arrow from my quiver before notching it on my bow. I steadily aimed at the dragon's eye. With a deep breath, I let go.

The arrow pierced its target. The dragon howled in pain and its wings started to spread, ready to take flight.

Quickly, I notched another arrow and aimed for its other eye. Another hit.

Confused and blinded, the dragon flapped its wings taking flight. I unleashed several more arrows on one of its wings.

Rendering its flight useless, the dragon started to plummet to the ground. I strung the bow to my back and drew one of my swords before I started running towards where it fell.

Before the beast could recover, I plunged my sword deep in its neck before cutting through it with another swing. With one final roar, the dragon breathed its last.