Author's Note

Hello guys! Here are a few of my thoughts on writing Through My Blood.

Writing Through My Blood. To be perfectly honest, me writing this piece was completely random. Still no idea what other story lines from TES V: Skyrim I'd be covering, but there's a great chance that I may cover the Civil War. As for the side stories (side quests in-game), still working on it.

As you all know, I'm an amateur writer. I don't read fiction and fanfiction that much, I'm just a regular shipper that writes in English which isn't my country's first language. So if I do grammatical errors every now and then, I apologize in advance. I also haven't played the other Elder Scrolls games yet but I'm looking forward to doing so given the time.

I really appreciate your kind reviews! Thank you guys so much!

Deviation from the Elder Scrolls Lore. I've decided to change some concepts observed in the game to suit the story. I already did some changes, like how vampires don't have the ability to identify blood via smell (with the exception of Valerica, given that she's a master alchemist). Sure, vampires still have a heightened sense of smell and use it for detection, but could only differentiate mortal from non-mortal (vampiric) blood. Another example is Remus's ability to imbue his weapons with magic spells. Other concepts may arise soon, but I can assure you that I won't write anything too lore-breaking.

Related Future Works. I am thinking of writing a prequel to Through My Blood. A story centered around Remus, how he became the Dragonborn and his life prior to that. Still thinking about it though.

Characters

Serana. Writing Serana is so goddamn hard. Here are a few reasons: first, stock female vampire characters are typically aggressive, or may be considered seductresses. Serana, on the other hand, is pretty reserved. This gives me a hard time to convey her feelings properly. Another reason is writing vampire perspectives in general. I haven't read enough about vampires (in all kinds of lore) so my idea how their biological systems work are limited. I've made obvious errors in the previous chapter/s regarding this (e.g. Serana blushing). Lastly, I'm a guy writing something on a girl's POV. :))

There may be more development on her character, but in my eyes, Serana is a sheltered pure-blooded vampire who had developed quite a taste for adventure given the fact that she's 'grounded' on the castle. Skill-wise, she's an expert when it comes to Destruction and Conjuration Magic. Mastered Sneak level because of vampiric nature.

Remus. Of course, my original character. I have a lot of plans for him, but I am yet to fix them accordingly. A personal friend of mine commented that the reveal from the previous chapter feels rather forced, but I disagree. The origin of Remus's name comes from the Roman Mythology, particularly the story of the twin brothers Romulus and Remus which were nursed by a she-wolf. The issue about Remus's blood has long been planned. As to why I chose the name Remus instead of Romulus, (Roman Mythology spoiler-alert) Romulus killed his brother Remus and became the first king of Rome. So simply put, Romulus becomes the first King of Rome while Remus becomes the Last Dragonborn :D Plus, Remus sounds so much better.

Skillwise, Remus's strength... is abnormal. He'd already mastered every weapon of war. Has a very good aptitude for magic. Simply put, he's over-powered. Though, his clumsiness and brain-farts from time-to-time evens the scales. In addition, Remus tend not to go all-out in his battles (a prime exception would be Alduin), and not going all-out increases risks in battle. Has violent/sadistic tendencies because of his previous affiliations/life experiences. Still, good-natured overall... in a way. :))

As for their ages, I'm thinking that both of them are about 24-26 years old.

That's it for now. :) If you have any more comments or questions, please leave a review or send me a private message.

Thank you guys for your support! The next chapter is already on works. ;)