CHAPTER II: Home Sweet...

[Serana's POV]

I'm so hungry.

Higher vampires like me were taught how to control their hunger to walk among mortals during the day without raising suspicion... but Remus taking me in a town full of mortals... brimming with fresh blood... My throat feels as if it was on fire and my stomach won't stop churning.

"Serana? Hey!" Remus elbowed me on my arm, snapping me back to reality.

"Yeah... sorry, what was that?" I asked, still not aware what's happening.

"I said," he crosses his arms impatiently, "are you sure you're okay with staying here? Morthal isn't exactly a welcoming place, same goes with this inn."

"Oh. Yeah, I'd be fine." I reassured him. "Thanks." I couldn't exactly complain, Remus really helped me a lot. Not mentioning that he's a vampire hunter. He's helping someone he was supposed to kill. But the closer I get with him, the more his blood becomes more... appetizing.

Remus opened the door to the inn and lead me inside. The inn was... surprisingly empty. Remus proceeded to the inn's bar where a Redguard woman seems to be checking her stock.

"Come on in" the innkeep stopped looking over her stock then started looking behind her bar without looking at us. "There should be a clean mug around here somewhere..."

Oh, wow. Sheesh.

"There you go." the innkeep heaved as she lifted herself up, holding a mug. "So... what can I get you?" she asked Remus.

"Do you have any rooms available?" Remus asked in a lower voice than usual. Upon hearing his voice, the innkeep raised her eyebrow.

"Just one. Haven't had the chance to clean the other rooms. Last time I checked one room was infested with rats. It's been always like that since business just ain't here at all" the innkeep said, answering his question. Yet she seemed suspicious. Little by little, her face started going closer to scrutinize Remus. "You seem familiar... your voice too... do I know you?"

"I... I don't know what you're talking about..." Remus answered tensely. Why is he being so tense? Don't tell me... he's a criminal? Thoughts raced my mind by the second we were in this rather edgy situation.

"Wait! There's no mistaking it... Remus?!" the innkeep gasped. "It is you! My favorite dra..." but before she could finish Remus clasped her hand on her mouth.

"Damn it, Jonna. I told you to stop calling me that." Remus exclaimed, yet the innkeep wouldn't stop grinning. "Although, it surprised me that you actually knew it was me." Now I'm really confused.

"All right, all right. Don't be so jumpy. Of course, I'd know it was you. Goodness. That voice impression was off. Say, you wanted a room, right?" the redguard called Jonna, managed to calm down.

"Yeah." Remus answered. "I'd pay you more if you at least make that room livable".

"Hah! Surely you, jest." the innkeep laughed. "All my rooms are livable!"

"You're joking, right?"

Jonna laughed again. After that, she glanced at me. She then narrowed her eyes teasingly and put her arm around my Remus' neck. With a hushed voice, she whispered. "So, who's the girl?"

I'm a vampire. My strength and senses may not be what it used to be for now, but I can totally hear what she's saying. I don't know why, but I'm pretty curious with how Remus would answer.

"She's a friend." Remus blatantly replied.

I was stunned. A vampire hunter treats a vampire such as myself, a 'friend'? Although, I admit, at that moment, however flat his tone may be, what he just said... kind of... made me happy.