CHAPTER IV : An Unexpected Reunion

[Remus' POV]

"You probably weren't expecting to see me again." the raven-haired vampiress smiled.

I sure didn't. My eyes are still trying to comprehend whether the fact that I'm seeing Serana before me is real or not, that I just stood there gawking at her.

"Hey?" Serana waved her hand right in front my very face. In an instant, I got a hold of myself and spoke up.

"Hey." I smiled. As soon as I did, I felt Isran shooting a glare at my direction.

"This vampire showed up while you were away." the Redguard grumbled. "I'm guessing it's the one you found in Dimhollow crypt. Says it's got something important to say to you. I do not normally do this, but let's hear it."

The way Isran refers to her as "it" aggravated me a bit. Yet it wouldn't be a wise decision to act like you're siding with a vampire while inside Fort Dawnguard and more importantly, in front of the Dawnguard leader. I looked at Serana, but she looked like she couldn't care less with regards to how Isran addresses her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Serana. I have to admit that the fact that she walked into Fort Dawnguard worried me a little, but I have to sound indifferent.

Serana puts a hand on her waist. "I'd rather not be here either, but I have to talk to you." She looks at Isran briefly and sees that the Dawnguard leader isn't very amused. "It's important, so please just listen before your friend here, loses his patience." Isran gritted his teeth in response to Serana's words.

"I'll be right outside the room. I just can't be here." Isran growled as he walked out. "Don't try anything funny."

The vampiress paid him no heed and continued. "It's... well, it's about me. And the Elder Scroll that was buried with me."

She has been very evasive when asked about the scroll during the time when we were together. So talking about the scroll now kind of piqued my interest even if I don't really like involving myself with the Elder Scrolls any longer.

"What about the scroll?" I asked.

"The reason I had it... and why I was down there." Serana continued, her tone getting darker by the minute, "It all comes back to my father."

That prick? The moment he opened his mouth, I knew that I wouldn't like him. My expression contorted into a scowl.

Serana saw this and resumed. "I'm guessing you figured this part already, my father's not exactly a good person. Even by vampire standards..." After saying this, Serana's eyes were filled with sadness, which I've seen before. She pressed on.

"He wasn't always like that though, there was... a turn. He stumbled unto this obscure prophecy and kind of lost himself in it."

"What do you mean... 'lost himself'?" I asked hesitantly. Serana was clearly not enjoying talking about this.

"He just became absorbed... obsessed. It was kind of sick actually." For a moment she was in a pensive mood before continuing. "The prophecy said that vampires no longer need to fear the sun. For someone who fancied himself as vampire royalty, that's pretty seductive."

I swallowed hard. I've heard about this before back in Dimhollow Crypt. Lokil said something about 'ending the tyranny of the sun'.

"Anyway, my mother and I didn't feel like inviting a war with all of Tamriel, so we tried to stop him. That's why... I was sealed away with the scroll."

Harkon did mention his mother from our previous encounter. No wonder he wasn't too fond of her. I let out a big sigh. I had an inkling of things from the very beginning, but hearing it as a whole, it was a lot to take in. I looked at Serana.