turn back time

There barely wasn't a day for Lili without crying. Every since the saturday two weeks ago things have been going down majorly. Lili couldn't think of anything else than her failed relationship with Cole.

They decided to break up as they were fighting constantly. There wasn't a day they haven't been fighting over the stupidest shit. They were both tired of it. But they never expected it to hurt so much.

- 14 days after the break up -

Lili spent most of the time inside, avoiding any social contact although that would be something, that would distract her. But nevertheless she stayed inside trying to focus on herself. But how is she supposed to do that?

Every single thing in her apartment is reminding her of Cole. They lived here together. No matter if it was the bed they slept in, the kitchen they cooked in or the bathtub they cuddled and had sex in. Every single thing was connected to Cole. She had no clue how to ever come over him and move on.

That's the harsh truth. She probably never will. But she knows that it wasn't working out anymore. Sometimes you need to let it go. It's for the best.

So she spent another evening watching a movie while eating ice cream. She has no idea why she is doing that so often but it's really taking some of her pain away.

She had red puffy eyes and big dark eye bags. She hasn't slept pretty well lately. Because surprise, even her bed reminded her of Cole. There's no one laying next to her anymore. There's no one cuddling her during the night anymore. There's no one waking her up with kisses anymore. Everything hurt so much.

Suddenly her phone rang, it was Lili's mom facetiming her.

„Hey honey." she started revealing a little smile on Lili's face.

„How have you been doing?" she asked worriedly knowing that lili isn't feeling well at all.

„Terrible." lili muttered feeling tears falling down.
„I've been trying to focus on myself.. I've been seeing my therapist. But nothing is really helping." she sighed.

Amy was speechless and looked at her in sadness.

„I lost the love of my life, Mom. I have no idea how to keep going." she cried.

„You need to talk to him Lili. You both deserve each other." amy muttered.

„It's the best way to let it go, Mom.. things weren't going well.. we've been fighting so much.." Lili sobbed.

„But you can still try to work on that, Lil."

Lili looked away and took a deep breath.

„You've always been the happiest while being with Cole. I've never seen you that happy. He needs you. And you need him." amy said making her cry harder.

Lili nodded slowly.
„I know.."

„Please take care of yourself. I know that you two will work it out."

After a while they ended the call and Lili pressed the phone into her chest.

- 21 days after the break up -

„Good morning.." Cole said dryly as he sat down on the dining table, joining dylan and his dad for breakfast.

„Have you slept well Cole?" Matt asked.

„No." Cole replied and sighed causing Dylan's and Matt's faces to drop.

Cole has been like this ever since the break up now. Nothing has changed. And it never will.