falling apart

Requested by: @katjaMller9

It was another boring evening for Lili, waiting for her love to return home from work

It was another boring evening for Lili, waiting for her love to return home from work. She has been missing him like hell. But he always comes home exhausted and does not pay attention to her anymore at all.

She was laying on the couch, watching some random tv show, as she heard the front door opening. It was 11pm. Thank god.

She immediately got up and walked up to her boyfriend.
„Hey." she smiled at him brightly.

„Hi." he replied dryly, walking past her.

„Babe, where's my kiss." Lili said chuckling. He went back and pressed a short kiss on her lips. After that he turned his back to her again. He flopped onto the couch and sighed.

Lili joined him and slowly cuddled up to him. She tried to kiss him but he pulled away.
„Sorry lils.. I'm just very very exhausted from work." he muttered.
„Oh okay.. it's fine." Lili replied a little sad. They haven't spent time together in so long.

„How about.. We're gonna do something tomorrow?" Lili asked making Cole shrug his shoulders.
She looked at him expectantly and confused at the same time.
„I don't know if I have to work tomorrow okay?" he replied dryly.

He got up and went into their bedroom without saying anything. Lili sighed. What's up with him lately. He doesn't pay attention to her at all.

She slowly went into the bed and tried to get closer to him but he simply didn't notice that Lili wanted to cuddle. He kept staring at his phone.
As he turned it off he looked at Lili smiling and drifted into a deep sleep fast. Normally she would sleep in his warm arms. But that was not the case.

The next day went by pretty fast and they woke up because of a loud alarm.

She groaned. It was so early.
„Look Lils I'm sorry. But I have to work today again." he mumbled while looking at his phone. After that he disappeared in the bathroom. Lili took a deep breath.

That's when Lili decided to say something.
„Cole, this can not keep going like this." She started standing behind him and looking at the mirror to face him.
„What?" he asked confused.

„You're barely at home." Lili exclaimed.
„Yes, because I have to work." he replied confused.

She raised her eyebrows at him.
„You always have to huh?" she replied annoyed.
„Yes. What's so wrong with it?" he turned away from her.

„Are you serious?" she asked.
He looked at her confused.

„So you haven't noticed that we barely spent time together anymore?" she exclaimed.

„of course I did." he answered.

„So why haven't you done anything about it? You keep rejecting me whatever I'm doing. We haven't been really close to each other in weeks!" she said sadly and upset at the same time.

„Love, I need to do my job.." he replied making her sigh.
„And you cannot even pay attention to your girlfriend as soon as you come home?"

„I'm exhausted.." he mumbled.
„Well when I'm exhausted I want to cuddle even more." she replied.
He sighed and looked down onto the floor.

„I just don't wanna risk our relationship.. I don't want it to fall apart especially not because of a job.." Lili said sitting down on their bed.

„It's not gonna fall apart.. I'm sorry.." he muttered sitting down next to her.

„Oh really? Because it seems like it does." she answered.
This made Cole speechless. He took a deep breath.
„I just miss you like hell." Lili continues.

„I'm sorry..I really am.. it looks like I was too blind to see how you actually feel." he said sensitively. Lili nodded slowly.

„It's okay I guess." she said dryly.

„How about I'll try to get some days off and we're gonna spend the days with anything but us two. Alone." he suggested making Lili smile slightly.

„That would be wonderful, Cole.." she replied quietly. After that he pulled her into a short passionate kiss.

„I'll make sure we're not falling apart. Ever." he said looking into her deep green eyes, shining bright.

___________________________

Leave requests <3