car crash

Requested by: @I-put-theBi-in-Bitch

[Lili's POV]

I was currently laying in bed, writing some poems as I just love doing that. Cole was doing a photoshoot right now but should be home in any second.

Our little 2 year old daughter was sleeping peacefully next to me in our bed. I looked at her smiling and stroked her head. She's beautiful. The most beautiful daughter ever exist.

Heaps of minutes went by. Still no sign of Cole. Where is he?
Elena suddenly woke up and looked at me tiredly.

„Hey. Did you sleep well sweetheart?" I asked her making her nod.
„Daddy?" she looked at me confused.

„Daddy is not here yet. But he'll come soon I pinky promise." I kissed her on the head making her giggle. She's just way too adorable.

A few minutes later my phone suddenly rang. The caller ID said unknown. Huh?
I quickly stood up and left the room, making sure Elena won't listen to this conversation.

„Hello?" I said shyly. „Who's there?"
„Am I talking to Lili Sprouse?" a man asked.

„Y - Yes." I replied nervously.
„The police is calling. Your husband has been involved in a car crash."

I felt like my heart stopped beating for a few seconds. It felt like someone just stabbed me directly into my heart. I started breathing faster. I was shocked. Incredibly shocked. I didn't know what to say. Tears started falling down my cheeks. It took a few seconds to collect myself.

„Mrs. Sprouse?" the man suddenly snapped me back into reality.
„Y - yess.. what happened? Is he alright?" I asked being endlessly scared of the answer. What if he isn't??

„Well.. his car crashed into another as it couldn't slow down anymore. Your husband is currently unconscious and he's in the hospital right now." he said making me almost faint.
I sat down, trying to process everything that has happened in that exact moment.

„Mommy crying?" my little girl suddenly asked after walking into our livingroom. I tried to put a fake smile on.
„No mommy is not crying. She's just got something in her eye." I lied making her chuckle.

„How about I ask grandma if she can play with you today?" I asked making her jump up and down. „Yess!!" she screamed loudly.

„Okay then. You have to do mommy a big favor. Go into your room and choose your favorite toy to play with later okay?" she nodded running away.

I started crying harder. I tried to grab my phone again as I started to shake. I dialed my moms phone number and started to catch my breath as she picked up.

„Hey honey!!" she said joyfully. But suddenly she heard my sobs and her mood quickly changed.

„Honey? What's up?" she asked.

„C - Cole.." I started not being able to say the rest because I was crying so hard.
„Car crash.." I mumbled making my mom silent.

„Is he alright??" she asked worriedly.
„H - he's unco-concious." I replied starting to shake stronger.

My mom was clearly shocked, she didn't know what to say. „I'm gonna come and watch Elena. Go to Cole as soon as possible."

Elena came to me again and looked at me sadly. „Mommy why crying?"
„It's nothing to worry about elenabear." I smiled at her a little making her come up to me and hug me tightly.

After a short amount of time my mom come over so that I was able to drive to Cole.
As soon as I've arrived at the hospital I walked up to Cole's room at the intensive care unit and took a deep breath before opening the door. I didn't know what's gonna expect me in there.

I slowly opened the door and saw Cole laying in bed, having a lot of machines around him. He had bruises in his face and some band aid. I immediately started crying as soon as I saw him.

I sat next to him and took his hand. I looked at him and it felt like I've just lost everything.
„H - hey." I said sobbing. I didn't know what to say. Only his appearance in that exact moment kind of killed me.

„I'm so sorry.. oh my god." I closed my eyes and started crying harder. I tried to took a deep breath.

„We're not done yet okay? You can't go in that exact moment.  I need you. Elena needs you. I can't let you go. Ever." I leaned my head onto his chest, feeling his chest go up and down. I kept looking at him, how he's peacefully sleeping.

„You have to come back to me. Please." I didn't know that crying so hard was even possible. „please." I repeated. But nothing worked.

Days went by, still no sign of living by cole. He's still unconscious. Dylan and his dead were both visiting him as well. And Elena keeps asking for Cole everyday, probably every hour, which makes it even harder. I can't lie into her face for so long. What if cole won't make it?

I lay down with my head on Cole's chest again looking at him. I started singing our song, hopefully making him wake up.

Oh, be my once in a lifetime
Lying on your chest, in my party dress
I'm a fucking mess but I
Oh, thanks for the high life
Baby, it's the best, that's a test
And yes, now I'm here with you and I
Would like to think that you would stick around
You know that I'd just die to make you proud
The taste, the touch, the way we love
It all comes down to make the sound of our love song
(If you know you know😌)

I was fully crying again while singing that song because it is just perfectly fitting to our love.

Suddenly when I wasn't expecting it at all I saw Cole's eyes slowly flickering open.
„Oh my god." I mumbled after noticing. I smiled at him. „Cole?" he slightly chuckled. But he was incredibly weak.

I Immediately screamed for a doctor. After he has check him he finally wasn't connected to any machines anymore.

„I'm so glad you're back here. What would I do without you." I said still with a shaking in my voice. He grabbed my hand and mumbled: „I'm here.. it's alright." I smiled slightly. Thank god.

_______________________
Kinda inspired by my own sprousehart fanfic but who cares tho

Requests are open <3 (I have a lot to write right now, but Imma do them someday.)