wrong marriage

I really loved writing this so I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. It's something different once🦋

————

„Cole!" his dad called out as he entered his house. Cole turned around to face him.

„Huh, what's up dad. Hey!" he said happy to see him.

„That was in the mail for you." he said and handed him something. It was an envelope.

„Oh thanks." he said and put it away.

„Don't you wanna open it, maybe?" his dad asked and Cole raised his eyebrows at him.

„Why?" he said in confusion.

„well.. look at the sender." he mumbled shyly.

„Okay.." Cole whispered and took the envelope. As he flipped it his heart skipped a beat. Lili Reinhart was the sender.

Cole swallowed and sighed loudly. He went through his hair and sat down onto the couch.

„What is it..?" Matt asked carefully.

„I think I know what it is.." Cole seemed like he was close to burst into tears.

He slowly started unpacking the envelope and he was right. It was in fact an invitation for.. Lili's wedding.

„What's wrong?" Matt sat down next to him and rubbed his back

„Lili invited me to her wedding.." Cole's voice cracked at the end.

„Why would she do that?"

„Well.. we were working with each other for a long time so.." Cole took a deep breath.

„Are you planning on going?" Matt asked.

„Yeah.. I think so. She had a reason behind inviting me I guess.. so.."

It was a short silence.

„You still very much care about her, don't you?"

Cole nodded shyly and looked at his dad. „I still can't believe I let her go, dad. I feel like a part of me will always be in love with her." he said in honesty.

„I know.. but sometimes people aren't meant for each other.." he replied.

„But that wasn't the case.. Lili and I were in fact meant for each other.. But I screwed up." Cole bit his lip nervously.