Immortality Chapter Eleven:

Chapter Eleven:

Working in a restaurant wasn’t as easy I thought it would be. Actually it’s exhausting! During the lunch rush Janet help me out in the main area, I had to explain so many times why I was cover in ketchup and mustard and each time they give me pity looks. I laughed it off each time. I still couldn’t figure out the cash register, so Janet took care of that while I took orders. I gotten to know Chris and Will quite well, they’re both hilarious, each time I enter the kitchen they crack up the most pathetic jokes, that you just have to laugh, you know the ones that are so lame, it’s funny? Today was turning out better then I thought it would be. Janet is the sweetest girl I have ever met. I have to say sweeping floors at the end of the day is seriously pushing my buttons. Each time I pass it through with the broom I seem to always miss a spot or that Will and Chris are both poking fun at me.

“Ronnie, you missed a spot over there,” Chris pointed to the place under the table. I sent him a glare and went to sweep the spot I missed.

He grinned at me “oh and you missed that spot”

I stormed up to him, “here take the broom and sweep if I’m doing such a terrible job!” I toss him the broom and walk to the employee room to gather my things.

“Ronnie! I was joking! You were doing a fine job!” Chris shouted.

“Don’t care!” I shouted. I went into the bathroom to change. When I walked out I screamed. Will had tears coming down his cheeks from laughing so hard. Ugh! Immature freaks! I grabbed my bag and headed out of the restaurant.

“Where you going?” Chris asked when I passed him.

“Out and about” I shrugged and left the restaurant. He knew I was homeless. Why ask me that? I was halfway down when fingers wrap around my arm. Chris turned me around.

“I don’t think so. Come, you’ll sleep at my place for the night” he started to drag me back to his car.

“I feel like I’m intruding and wouldn’t your parents mind?” I asked him.

“One you’re not intruding, I’m inviting you, and two I don’t live with my parents, I live with my foster brother who doesn’t really care who comes over,” Chris listed.

I looked to the ground, “If you say so”

He put his hand under my chin and lift my head up to meet his intense colourless grey eyes, “I do say so,” he continued to look into my soul before he drop my chin abruptly and march to his side of the car and slam the door shut when he entered. What just happened? I shook my head and slowly entered the car. Once the door was shut he put the car in reverse and pulled out of the parking spot and we headed to his house. I stare out the window and every few minutes I look at him. He always had an intense look and was always looking out the window like it was his duty not to look at me. I just look back out my window and soon the purr of the car lulled me to sleep. I woke up to someone shaking me,

“Wake up, were here” Chris notices my eyes open and climbed out of the car. He slams the door shut and continued up his driveway. I stare at his retreating figure until he reached the door then I crawl over the seat and stretch I out in the back and closed my eyes to go to sleep. A minute later the car door opens.

“What are you doing?” he snapped.

“Sleeping,” I turned over so my back is towards him and closed my eyes.

“Your kind doesn’t sleep,” he said. Not really understanding his words.

“Of course I do. I need the energy,” I mumble half asleep.