Chapter 23 The Curse of Power

Brianna:

Shawn dragged us away from our safety, we weren’t even there for a night and we already lost it. I was really disappointed. Being in handcuffs hurt. I started to move my hands; he put them on too tight. When Shawn feels any tug at all from us he pulls the leash very hard and makes us stumble forwards.

Bree stop moving you hands! If they hurt, moving them won’t do much! Austin yelled in my head. I cringed at the intensity from it. He gave me an apologizing look. I gave him a wary smile. Shawn noticing our walk slowed he tugged hard on the leash make both of us tumble to the ground. Austin landed on me and from the impact of the fall and his weight it knocked the air out of my lungs. I started gasping for air.

“Shawn! Stop being so aggressive!” Kathy yelled at him, “there not the clones for god sakes!” Clones? Kathy helps us up and I caught hold of my breath, I glance at Austin and he had a confused look on him. Kathy ripped the leash out of Shawn’s hand and began walking with us in tow.

What clones? I heard Austin ask in my head

No idea

“They don’t know about the clones,” James muttered. Kathy stopped walking and stared at us.

“What?” I snapped. Kathy continued to stare, then she sighed, “Nothing, we’ll explain it to you when we get back to the station.” She continued to keep walking. Now it was my turn to sigh. We kept walking. It must have been an hour of walking when we reached their car. Kathy ordered us to the back, with our handcuffs on still. Since we couldn’t get comfortable sitting beside each other, I decided to sit on Austin’s lap. I snuggled close to him and drifted off into a nice slumber.

I woke up in a room with two beds. Austin lay in one with a book in his hands and Schuyler in a chair across the room sending a glare at Austin.

“Would you stop glaring at me? I told you we were sorry. We don’t even know how it happened” Austin spoke to Schuyler.

“Still you left me, alone with these crazy people” Schuyler exclaimed.

“That wasn’t our fault Sky. We had no control over what had happened in that car. You lived didn’t you? It was just for a night,” Austin grumbled.

Schuyler sighed. I rolled over and closed my eyes. I do not want to be part of this conversation. Austin chuckled.

“What funny?” Schuyler said. Austin didn’t say anything, but I knew he was going to give me away.

Schuyler growled, “Brianna, get you ass up” Damn.

Hate you, you know.

Eh, I do not want to go through with this alone.

I sighed. Flipped over and opened my eye wide so she could see I’m awake.

“Brianna how dare you escape and not take me with you!” she yelled at me.

“Sky, I’m sorry. Austin right. We had no control over what had happened in that car. One seconds we were in the car the other we were at the cabin where we were supposed to go to. We don’t how it happen or who did it,”

Austin interrupt me, “it’s you who did it,”

I shot him a glare but continued, “but we both felt very guilty for leaving you behind. We didn’t want that to happen, we are very sorry and on my behalf will try to not make that happened again,” I finished my mini speech.

“You still left” I sighed and rolled over. They’re no sense in this girl. Austin started laughing.

“Brianna Waters, I am not done with you!” Schuyler yelled.