Immortality: Chapter Five

I woke up in a cot. I look around the room I was put in to see it was a hospital feel to it. I thought of what happened and shivers went down my back. That boy has a serious temper problem. He needs to tame that beast of his. I raised my arms and started to message my neck. It was sore, but I knew that there wouldn’t be any bruises showing. Thank god for that, I wouldn’t want to have a ring of bruises all over my neck. I slowly started to shift myself into a sitting position.

“How you feeling?” I snapped my neck to the voice and saw it was my brother.

“Good, sore, but I’ll be alright,” I answered.

“That’s good, I guess” he adverted his gaze from me. I looked down to my hands.

“Why didn’t you ever go looking for me if you knew along?” I whispered.

He sighed, “I did, but you we’re always a step ahead of me. I just thought you knew and didn’t want to see me, but when I saw you in Oliver’s I knew that wasn’t the case. Austin recognized you and that’s why he grabbed you. I knew you couldn’t tell them who you really were so I kept my mouth shut and played along” I nodded. He walked over to me and grabbed my chin and made me stare at him, “Living fifteen years without you was torture, I know you would never get older, but I need you in my life Bree. Please don’t leave” Tears started to well up into my eyes.

“I have to go, Jake and Adrian knows something is up and…and I bet everyone else is thinking of the same thing. I know Carter’s knows, he keeps staring at me, mocking me,”

“I’ll make sure they don’t find about any of it, I’ll get Mr. Walter to get me to be your trainer so that’s one problem solved. I’ll keep my mouth shut. I promise you that. Just don’t leave. Not when I just found you” I just nodded my head.

“Good, now I have something to tell that’s important,” he said.

“What’s that?”

“You’re―” Someone opened the door and I see Garnet standing there, alone this time. I’m never going to find out about this important thing am I? Dimi drops his hands and backs up.

“What do you want?” I snapped

“To see if you were alright,” Garnet replied steadily.

“Well I am, you may leave now,” I declared. He scoffed. His gaze shifted to Dimi, then back to me and raised his eyebrows. I narrowed my eyes.

“I will like to apologize for what happened in the auditorium and in the cafeteria. It was disrespectful of I.I was just getting excited for they’re being a…new female student here and my hormones distraught my mind and made me behave the way I did towards you. Would you forgive me for my awful behaviors?” he spoke with formality. I raised my eyebrows and was speechless.

“Well do you forgive me Ronnie?” he raised his eyebrows. I have a feeling this way all just for a joke.

I narrowed my eyes onto him, “How would I know if you were joking?”

“You don’t” he wiggled his eyebrows. I sat there contemplating. He tried to harass me then nearly tried to paralyze me for a week. That wasn’t a great way to start off a good friendship, but I don’t want to be on his bad side. I thought over it.

“I don’t forgive you, but I’m willing to start over” I compromised.

“Let’s start over, maybe one day you will forgive me,” he sighed.

“You never know, that day could be sooner then you think” I winked at him. I started to get out of bed when Dimi started to force me back in it. I forgot he was there for a second.