Chapter 20 The Curse of Power

Darren:

I woke up to be in a room. It has white wall and two sets of bunk beds and Dimitri was asleep on the other one and the two top beds looked like nobody sleeps there. Sweet room for us, well close considering there are really no walls here. It has a bathroom. Nothing too fancy, tub, toilet, and a sink with a mirror above it, you want to know how I knew this from my bed? Well funny thing is there are no walls to it. Just windows all round it. Dimitri stirred. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. Then he looked around.

“Here again? Come on!” he groaned

“You have been here before?” I asked. He jumped, startled by my voice. He nodded, “Yea, before we went to Mr. Mandy’s place. We’re in a different room though” he sat up more and leaned against the wall, put his hands behind his head. He groaned and felt his back, then put his arms behind his head again.

“You relaxing?” I asked him.

“Well there’s nothing else to do” he sighed, “plus they can hear every word we say.” I nod, “not a lot of privacy, I see” Dimitri just burst out laughing, I laughed with him.

“No walls for a bathroom really? Are they thinking we do the naughty in there?” I asked

“That’s what she said”

We laughed some more. If girls we’re in here they would of rolled their eyes. They don’t see the fun in the ‘that’s what she said’ jokes. I sat up and leaned my back on the wall. Dimitri’s right, there’s not a lot for us to do in here. I’m going to get so bored. Unbelievable. My legs hurt but I just ignored it. The door swung open and followed in was 4 people. Two that look like Austin and Bree carrying two people we don’t know.

“What are you doing here? They caught you too!” Dimitri shouted. They laughed and dropped the bodies to the floor. Something’s wrong here. Where did they get those necklaces? They look like them but at the same time they aren’t. Dimitri hopped off his bed and ran to them. I got up fast enough to hold him back, “Dimitri! It’s not them. Look at them. I mean really look at them,” hinting as in reading their minds, realizing that we can’t and that there something odd in their eyes. Dimitri stops struggling and looked. His eyes widen, seeing what I saw. He started to back away, yelling, “Who the hell are you? What did your do them? Tell me now!” Bree walked towards us and slaps Dimitri in the face. His flesh started to burn and created a third degree handprint on his cheek. I stared in horrid. These aren’t Austin and Bree for sure!I stared at Austin or Austin clone, or whatever, I’ll call him Boy and Girl, and he had a smirk on his face. He stared into my eyes, “you better not mouth off too, or it will be a whole lot worst. Understood?” I nodded meekly, “Good” Girl and Boy walked out of the room. Girl turns around and called back, “you can call us guards. I do not want a name of a filthy human.” Then she left. Dimitri and I stared at each other for a long time. Then decide to help the boy and girl off the floor and put them on our beds. Jeez the boy couldn’t have been any heavier. Dimitri and I both have to carry him. He was only like an inch off the floor. We have to swing him onto the bed because we could pick him really off the floor. The boy had auburn hair, which was in a small pony behind his head with few strands falling out. Muscular as hell and tanned. How the hell did he end up with this girl?She had light strawberry blonde hair with red streaks. Almost Bree’s height. Slim with very pale skin. Well life put you in very odd positions I have to say. I climb to the top bunk and lay down. My stomach growled.

“How is it possible?” I heard Dimitri whispered below.

Too dumbfounded by the question I said the lame, “huh?”

“How it possible for them to look like us and burn us by touch?”

“I don’t know”

“You know what this means right?” he asked.