Chapter 22 The Curse of Power

Schuyler:

I chased Jaymie down the hallway. He was a bit far ahead.

“Come back Jaymie!” I yelled.

“Never! You are not going anywhere near me to give me a wedgy!”

“Oh come on it would be fun”

“For you!” he ran and opened a door and accidentally ran into someone. I stop and fell to the floor laughing to see that guy’s expression. It was priceless.

“Jaymie, How many times do we have to say, watch where you are going?”

“Until I get it right?” he hesitantly asked.

He gave Jaymie a stern look. Finally he notices me on the ground laughing. Now he gave us puzzled looks. Jaymie pointed to me, “She was going to give me a wedgy!” I laughed even more and I looked up with my face bright red and tearful from laughing too hard. He put a smile. He looked four or five years older then me. Tall, build well. He had black hair with the most colorful brown eyes. I caught my breath and stood up.

“Hi I’m Schuyler.”

“Ashton, but do call me Ash.” He smiled.

“So why were you going to give my best little bud a wedgy?” he put an arm around Jaymie but he dodges it and walked into the room, but not before he stoke out his tongue at me.

I blushed, “I uh um. I don’t think there’s an answer to that, that won’t make me seem crazy” he laughed and Oh my god it was a good laugh. It sent shivers down my back.

“I was actually supposed to go get you, but you just made my job a whole lot easier”

“Oh really? If you want I could make it a bit harder?” I raise my eyebrow at him questioning.

“I’ll like to see you try but I’m scared you would get lost or bump into someone you don’t want to meet”

“So your saying that I always need to be with someone cause I lost my sense of direction?”

He shrugged playfully; “pretty much” I shook my head and slapped his arm. He fakes hurt, “Ow! Feisty much” he smirked. That earns him another hit. I laughed, “I have a feeling I’m going to like you”

“Oh you do?”

I squinted my eyes and checked him out, I put my hand on my chin, “Maybe, but depends. I only hang out with people that are cute”

“Are you saying I’m not cute?” I shrugged playfully; “pretty much” he had to hold his stomach and laughed. It sent shivers through me again. He got his laughed under control.

“Pretty harsh, but I’ll make sure to woo you with my charms”

“Oh so you have a big ego, that maybe went right into I wont like you section.” I smirked. He put his hands to his heart, “that hurt Sky. It hurt my pride and ego”

“Isn’t that the same thing” he thought for a moment. After he just shrugged.

“Come on, you don’t want to be late to your welcome dinner,” I gulped.

“Did you say welcome dinner?”

“Is someone scared? I’ll hold your hand.” I laughed.

“Take me to the disaster you call welcome dinner”

“Oh come on, you’ll like everyone” I patted his arm,

“I’ll let you think that” he smiled.