Chapter 10 The Curse of Power

A/N: This is my favorite Chapter because it has nothing to do about the supernatural world and it's about what bored, teasing, competitive teenagers do. :D Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dimitrius

It was a normal meeting after I joined them. They didn’t talk about feelings or anything. Did they need my input? I guess not since it was Bree who keeps giving them trouble and not me. He explained how this works. We meet every Thursday together since we have the same powers and just talk for now. Next month he said is when we experiment on us. I don’t think he knows that we aren’t going to be here for that long, or so I hoped. Bree is going through a lot. Everyone depends on her or knows she’s the one who’s going to cause all the trouble. You think I’m saying this as a bad way but I’m not. Its great cause its me who will have to make the decisions because they will be watching her too closely and will know when something is happening, but sadly she’s going to have to be the last one to know the plan. She will be mad about it, but what can I do about it? I noticed that something is going on between her, Austin, and Darren because they didn’t reassure her at lunch. She looks better now at least. She may have thought it would have been worst.

“What should we do?” she asked me.

“Lets go outside with the guys and play basketball with them”

“Sure, I’ll beat you all”

“Haha, nice try, but you suck at basketball”

We were walking towards the boys now.

“Do not” she protest.

“Do not what?” Darren asked.

“Suck at basketball, Dimi thinks I can’t beat you all” she puts her slender arms on her petite waist. She’s fast that’s for sure, but terrible hand-coronations.

They all laughed, even me, but I laughed at her determine stance, not at the beat you all thing. Well maybe just a bit at that too.

“You want to play Bree? You, me against Dimitri and Austin, good teams right?” Darren suggested

Her aura bloomed with gold light, I think she happy with it.

“I call Bree as a check then” Austin said.

“Fine I get Darren then” I smirked.

Bree hinted in, “I think loser should do something for the winner” oh she’s in for a big lose now. I smirked, “like what?”

“Hmm…” she paced, her curly hair now up in a ponytail, bobbing along with her strides, “I say loser should do our chores for tonight?” she stared at us, thinking it was her best idea.

“Oh it’s on” Austin agreeing with the terms.

I nodded, “game on, little sis” she laughed at that.

I’m older then you, so I wouldn’t say little sis, little bro.

She thought that and made everyone hear it. We laughed.

“Stop stalling and let’s play,” I said

We flipped the nickel and we get the play. I start with the ball and did check with Darren, since it was a half court game. I passed to Austin and ran passed Darren. Bree caught up to Austin and psyche him out and took the ball and passed it back to Darren. He went to centerline and did a half circle to mess with me, but it didn’t work. He passed back to Bree, but Austin intercepted it and passed it to me, but missed and landed out. Darren turn to check me. He got the ball and overhand passed to Bree, which she caught, and shot in towards the basket, it missed but she caught it again, and tried but Austin was in the way and I was blocking Darren. She dribbled backwards and ran full speed past Austin and score the first basket. Our turn now with the ball.

“Up to ten right?” I asked

“Yes” they all said.

I decided to score from there and scored. Bree aura dimmed but it was still bright gold. 3-2 us. I want to see her face when she loses. Bree now has the ball and check Austin. She passed it to Darren, which I blocked easily and ran to centerline. I passed it to Austin and Bree took a running leap and actually caught the ball and passed it to Darren, which I didn’t see ran up and passed me from behind and was near the basket. He caught the ball and scored. 4-3 them. Bree stick her tongue at me and thought

Told you I was good.

I shook my head. She is not going to beat me.

Austin now had the ball and check Bree. He ran passed her and ran towards the basket with her tailing behind him. He threw the ball and missed she caught the rebound and ran Austin couldn’t catch up, so I ran towards her. I caught her around the waist and threw her around. She was laughing, but she managed to pass the ball near Darren, but Austin was quick enough to snatch the ball and ran towards the net since she did not passed the line and scored.5-4 us. Darren has the ball and checks me. He was about to passed his ball too Bree and I went for it, but he saw his chance and went the other way and ran past me. Then he passed to Bree and she tried to score but missed and Austin caught the rebound and passed it back to me. I stepped back so I was passed the line, but I didn’t see the hand slapped the ball out of my hands. Darren ran towards the ball, picked it up and passed it back to Bree, she caught it, but Austin pulled the ball out of her hands and passed it back to me. I ran towards the basket and shot, Austin caught my rebound and scored. 7-4 us. Bree has the ball now and checks Austin, then she ducks under his arm and dribbles to the basket did a left-handed lay up and score. 7-6 us. I have the ball and I tried to do what I did before, but Darren intercepted it, took the step over the line and passed to Bree, Austin who intercepted, but Bree did the same thing Austin did to her, but he was stronger and shook her off and passed it back to me, but Darren intercepted it ran towards the line, shot and scored. We heard some clapping from the outlined and see Schuyler, watching the game, Bree was happy with the eyewitnesses. 8-7 them. Austin’s turn with the ball, he checks Bree, who is now red and full of sweat, it look cute. He tries to score from there, but Bree jumps, barely reaching for the ball, but it was enough to mess the shot, I saw Darren run for it, but I made it there before he did, shot, but missed. Austin didn’t get there fast enough to get the rebound, so Bree caught it, ran towards the line. When I saw her face again, I knew she going to shoot from there. Its now for the cheesy movie moments now, can she gets the ball in and wins the game or will she missed? She jumps and shoots for the basket; Austin tries to block it but missed the ball. The ball is flying free in the air. Makes it to the basket and does a swish. She jumped up for joy and she won the game. Darren runs to her and high fives her. Austin then shook her hand, “good game, maybe Dimitri shouldn’t tease you, you have great skills.” I walked up to her and tickle her tickling spot.

She’s laughing and swatting my hand away, “stop Dimi,” she looks up to me. Showing a huge smile, those glossy green eyes, huge and round. Her aura glowing brighter then it used to be. She was happy. She loves these guys and I’m glad she’s happy.

“Good game,” I smiled back at her. Austin grabbed her around the waist and lifts her into the air, like the do in movies. He drops her, and hugs her.

“I came out her to tell you it was dinner, but you guys were so into the game, I decided to let you win the game before you come in” Schuyler said.

We all walked back inside the house, full of sweat and stink, but we were happy.

Now, Austin and I have to do Bree and Darren chores tonight. Great.