Chapter 26 The Curse of Power

Brianna:

3 months has past, I’m so close, so close to see Dimi and Darren again. I hope they are all right. I hope nothing happened to them. The more days that passed the more worried I got for them. It was hard to concentrate on my studies and training. Ash, Jaymie, and the Look-A-Likes were my great friends now and they were so funny. Sadly we started three food fights, once a month. Sky and I always got stuck cleaning the cafeteria. Sky finally forgave Austin and I, and now we’re close as ever considering we are the only girls in the group. Since I’ve been here I found out that there’s only 22 girls that attend this Academy, and ten only live here. Yes that’s what I said Academy, Academy for Young Adult Self-Defense, or they say Academy of Y.A.S.D. Carter finally decided to tell me. When the Look-A-Likes found out that’s what I call them they decided the next day that I have to fight them all for training. I beat Jake and Adrian, but whoa did Tyson and Carter whip me in the ass. Holy mother f***ker, I couldn’t move the next day. Ah good memories. The Walter’s boys told me about their family and stuff, I hear Kylee is a great girl and Tristan, well they said to stay clear of him. They’re the ones who are taking care of Darren and Dimi at the moment. I was in the gym with Sky and Austin. We were facing our trainers for the past 3 months. We were called here so I have no idea what we are doing. James, Sky’s trainer had the most serious face at the moment. Ash, Jake, (my trainers) and Tyson (Austin trainer) look on guard, they have been acting like this for the past few days, even Adrian and Carter and they’re the ones who can’t be serious at all. So pretty much Sky, Austin, Jaymie and I hung out alone since apparently Ash and the Look-A-Likes were too busy to hang and we were too ‘young’ to know what they are hiding from us even though Ash is only three years older then us. Our trainers have been staring at us for the past five minutes. I was starting to get impatient, but I didn’t show it cause during the 3 months I apparently had to learn self-control so my facial expressions so they wouldn’t be a weakness to me. They continued to stare and then turn around and went into the room off from the gym. What the heck? That’s all they wanted us for? I was about to turn around when Austin grabbed my arm and make me stay put.

There not done with us.

How would you know?

They would say that we were dismissed if we were.

But I’m getting bored.

Patients Bree.

Do you really think I have patients? By watching me train you should know that I’m still the very impulsive girl I was three months ago.

Yes, and that’s a weakness you should have easily overcome.

Blah, blah, blah. They were saying that as well. It’s a lot harder to gain patients if you weren’t grown up with it.

Austin sighed and shook his head. These pasts three-month we had gotten to know each other very well. Austin was a lot like my brother, but he beats Dimi with being way too over protective. It’s truly sucks, like c’mon I could take care of myself. I’m 15 for crying out loud. I’ve been 15 for 3 months and to think about it, that’s when everything came crumbling down. September 8th was when I was first kidnap, when this all began. Obviously, there were perks, Austin, my friends, training, find out I have a soulmate, and Dimi was my brother after all. I guess people were right when they confused us as siblings. I smiled; I don’t think I could go back to my old life. What was normal then is abnormal to me now. My life before fifteen was boring and I was wishing to have some action in my life. Well I guess that wish came true. Never expected this but, what they heck this is awesome. Only sad thing is I miss my parents. I haven’t talked to them yet. They must be so worried, but I guess Kathy told them I was safe. She lives with mom and dad while Mr. Walter wouldn’t let me leave this academy. He said after the war I could choose to stay or return to my life. It’s a hard decision, but my friends here are pretty much my family. I have Dimi, Austin, Schuyler, Darren, Ash, Jake, Tyson, Adrian, Carter, Jaymie, and soon Kylee and Tristan if we make through this. All I have at home would be Mom and Dad. Kathy said after the war she’s moving here. I would be very lonely, Dimi will probably come back with me, but it would still be very hard. I hope after the war Mr. Walter would allow me to see mom and dad whenever I want.