Chapter 30 The Curse of Power

A/N: Hey Guys! You made it all the way to the second last chapter! Congrats! Well, as you know this is the second last chapter. it's.....very sad it made me cry writing it. When you read it most of you would think it's the ending....little spoof....it's NOT. Things are going to be a bit different after this.....*cough sequel cough* lol I didn't say anything! *wink wink* Next Chapter is going to be the 'starter' I guess, of the next book, Enjoy reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brianna:

More weeks has gone by and I still had no improvements, as a matter of fact, I gotten worse. My body doesn’t want to eat or drink anymore; my mind is struggling to stay conscious. I know I’m losing the battle. Should I just give up? I really wish I didn’t have to get to this, but it’s really hard to fight it. Everyone’s worrying; Dimi is getting tired of translating my every thought. He won’t admit it, but I could feel the vibe coming off of him. I could hear the door scrap open and that’s how I knew I had a visitor. I felt like crying, I haven’t seen the faces of my love ones for weeks. I miss seeing their smiles and happy glow from their eyes.

“Hey Bree, I brought you something” Austin voice floated to my ears. Something cold touches my hand. Austin moved it around in my hand so I could have an idea of what the object is. It felt like a ring.

“It’s a promise ring, it’s supposed to unite us, you know, I’ll always be yours until the day we both are standing at the altar, giving our vows for our marriage,” Austin said. I wanted to reply, I really did, but I just could find the strengths to do it. I’m weak and pathetic. He shouldn’t have done this, I’m happy he did it, but I’m starting to realize, I’m not going to get better. He slipped the ring on my finger.

“I have the same one on my hand as well. Bree, please, please still fight. It’s just a bump in the road” so he knows I’ve been giving up. There was a scrap at the door again. Another visitor.

“Hey Austin and Bree” My brother’s voice drifted towards me.

Hey Dimi

“How are the dreams?”

Still coming

“What do you think of the ring?” Austin asked me, expecting Dimi to say my answer. I heard Dimi sigh. He knows that it’s not smart. I know I’m torturing them, they know I’m giving up, why are they making it so hard?

“Austin―” Dimi started.

“You don’t like it Bree?” I could hear the hurt in his voice, if I would be able to see, well I’m glad that I can’t

“She uh loves it, but she doesn’t really think it’s a great idea” Dimi says.

“She really has given up” I heard Austin whispered. I didn’t have to see to know that Dimi nodded. I heard someone shuffled out of the room and slammed the door. I started to cry. I don’t want to hurt anyone; I just can’t fight it anymore! I yelled in my mind.

“Bree, he’s just mad, he’ll get over it. I know you don’t mean to hurt us; it just hurts for us to see you give up. It’s a lot harder to fight with body then with another person. Well, I’ll support your decision Bree I’ll understand it. Just please, please,” I could hear the shaking in Dimi voice and I know that he is or on the verge of crying, “Remember that I will always love you, as the lovers we used to be before we found out we were brother and sister” I started to cry. I don’t want to lose him.

I’m sorry Dimi, but it’s too hard, I’m growing fainter each day I wake up from the dream. Tonight, I’m going to give in. I’m sorry, I love you and I’ll always remember you on the other side.