Chapter 8 The Curse of Power

A/N: oooh this is a good one :pI have a question for you all, What do you think of the characters so far?I know that Darren and Schuyler has not been mention all that much, but they will, but what do you think of Dimi, Bree, Austin? If you don't like them please tell me, soIcan improve their personalities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brianna

The two elders kept asked me what I saw this morning. I didn’t say anything. They knew I did, but I’m keeping this a secret. I tried real hard not to think about it near the boys, but it was hard, but they looked like they don’t know and have curious eyes. Maybe Kathy put a barrier on the whole thing, so when I think about it, it gets block off. Kathy was right about another thing as well, I’m starting to see light colours around Dimi, not much to tell what mood he was in, but enough to know that the day is coming closer for me to read his thoughts and he knows that as well. Darn, I guess I can’t give anyone some privacy after all. Everyone in this house has barriers, some stronger then others, but I still can see clearly to their thoughts. The weaker one are like clear glass windows as the stronger ones has a hint of fog around the edges but doesn’t stop from me seeing their thoughts. I sighed. I was in math with Dimi and Austin. We were the youngest in this group.

What are you sighing about? Austin send me a telepathic message, we been doing this all class.

I can never give anybody any privacy, it kind of sucks don’t you think?

Completely.

I smiled. Dimi passed me a note. Jeez everyone wants to talk to me today. Aren’t I lucky? The boys started to laugh.

“What so funny boys?” the teacher that I forgot her name said, you can’t expect me to remember everyone’s name on the first day right?

“Nothing” they said in a union.

“Then get back to that test. No cheating remember?” she looked at Austin,

“You know I wouldn’t use my powers for that” he gave her a charming smile, I nearly burst out laughing, but I didn’t. I looked down to what it said on the note Dimi passed.

Should we take Austin with us when we escape? I truly think he is worthy. I looked at him a shrugged. Austin gave us a confused look, so that barrier works when we think about the dream. Awesome. That put a smile on Dimi face. God I can’t believe were twins. I was so looking forward to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Dang this just had to happen. Austin looked disgusted. I played a smile and send don’t be disgusted, you’re next on my list. He gave me the most beautiful crooked smile ever. Am I ever falling for him, and it’s just the first day!

I'm still disgusted you know.

Live with it. I didn’t know till, what, 3 days ago we were brother and sister. Give me a break.

I’ll give you a break, but stop thinking about it and your feelings towards him will move on.

Good thing you have no siblings to hurt me if I hurt you, but if you hurt me, I’ll make sure Dimi will break your face, I sent him a charming smile.

Don’t worry little girl, I won’t hurt you.

Who you calling little girl? I’m actually older then you by six days.

Yes your older, but newer in powers so that makes you little.

I can fight all day you know.

You done your test? Cause I need answers.

I’m not giving you my answers.

Too late you just did, thanks.

Oh you little dweeb.

I may be a dweeb, but I’m the best looking dweeb you’ll ever meet.

I stiff a giggle and just smile. Another note has been passed to me again.

You like him. I can see it. Is it worth it? I like him too, but I want to save everyone here, but I know we can’t, so do you think he’s in? I had to think about that. He is nice, but I think we should what a week before we decide whom to save and that’s what I wrote on the piece of paper and passed it back to him. He nodded.

What are you two writing? Why can't I see it?

Stuff. Look at it this way; I’m slowly learning to put a barrier up. So it’s working. That’s great news.

No it’s not.

Maybe to you, dweeb.

Yes, it’s important for me to know things, so I can cheat on test, duh shortie.

Okay, I am not that short! Everyone just a giant. Plus I’m only 5’6”.

Are you calling me a giant?

Yup. What your like a foot taller then me.

I’m only 6’7”.

See you are a foot taller then me, giant.

I think I prefer you calling me dweeb.

Not everyone gets to pick their insult nickname.

He stoke out his tongue at me.

there was a knock on the door. Mrs. Mason came in an older man followed in after her. He's not that old, maybe mid thirties.

“Dimitrius and Brianna, could you come in to the hall for a couple of minutes?”

We both got out of our seats and went in to the hall.

“This is Mr. Jefferson and he will be you doctor while you guys are here.” We shook his hand.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you two, your mother is quite a unique person.” Great he knew our mother, fantastic.

“Same here, sir, except for that last part because we don’t know your mother” Dimi said and that put a smile on Mr. Jefferson’s face.

“Quite a humor you have there Dimitrius, but that might not always help you” What does he mean by that?

“I think we should put you back in class, since you were doing a test. You’ll both see Mr. Jefferson after lunch, understood?” Mrs. Mason said. We nodded and head back in.

He’s nicer than Mr. Mandy, but be aware of him too. You never know what could happen.

What are you talking about Austin?

Austin didn’t reply and we haven’t spoken for the rest of class.