Chapter 6 The Curse of Power

A/N: I love this Chapter because you get to know Bree and Dimi on their playful side. Nobody's quite used to Bree behaviour. That's why i create her, to act like a boy, but if your looking for someone to blame her her unlady-likeness, i put all the blame on Dimi, just saying. have fun reading. trust me when i say this. the next chapter is a bit weird. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brianna

We got past that hesitation and took our seats everyone beside their twin except for Austin but that’s because Austin didn’t have a twin. Austin sat beside me and Schuyler sat beside Dimi. We chatted even more. I guess breakfast wasn’t ready yet. I felt my stomach rumble and I let out this giant burp. I laughed so hard. Austin, Darren, and Schuyler stared at me like I was crazy. Dimi started to high five me.

“That was awesome, but I bet I could beat you.”

“Can not”

“Can too”

“Prove it then”

“Maybe I will”

He took a shot at it, it was loud, but I still think I beat him. We’re so immature at times. Who cares right?

“Mine was better.” I stated.

“No way, mine echoed”

“So mine was more manly”

He scoffed, “manly yea right” I playfully punch his arms. He punches me back harder, so I punch him harder. Soon enough we were trying to hit each other as hard as we can.

“Enough you two! Why do you fight?” Schuyler yelled

Suddenly we laughed. I think Austin was changing his mind about me.

“Fighting? Your kidding right? This is what we best friends do. Bicker, fight, laugh, then bring up old memories, throw insults, laugh some more. Are you seriously telling me you never did this to your best friend?” I asked.

“No, you two are closers then we thought.” Darren said.

“And I just show the more less lady-like side of myself because that’s how you show who you are. Remember that time when in sixth grade we started to blow spit balls at Mr. Nasty?”

“Yea, your aim totally sucked”

“I think your thinking about yourself, cause I remember I got it in his mouth one time”

“Yea, one time! I get it in his eyes all the time.”

“But we always aim for his mouth, so you stink”

“I challenge you to a duel!” he screams

“Your on, Humongous ” I said back.

“It’s so on smurf!” we then notice that they all look uncomfortable so we switched the subject. We will do this duel in private. Who actually says duel? I do so beat that, Uncool kids!

“So how do we do meals?” I asked.

“We get it served to us,” Schuyler said.

Austin was saying things in my head to help me know who everyone was, hmm; I might like this boy too, good thing he didn’t mind my immaturity. Dimi and Austin both smile did I miss something? He has sandy colour hair, with a few freckles and a dimple beside his mouth. He’s tall and lean, which is odd that he has such a deep voice for that body.

“You too, eh?” Austin chuckled to himself, I gave him a confused look, “Your brother thought the same thing” oh now I get it. I wonder what everyone powers were, I know 2 who is telepathic I’m guessing, not quite sure. The servers came out and brought our meal and two very old women came out too and sat at to ends of the tables.

“Good morning everyone, I’m so glad we have two new guest sitting at our table today, hopefully everyone said hello to them and introduce them selves,” she nodded counting heads,

“Good, I’m Mrs. Devour, your guardian for the time being and this is Mrs. Mason. Your doctor is Mr. Jefferson and Mr. Mandy; they’ll be here soon. We’ll have your first two classes of the day, and yes we do schooling here Mr. Wetmore, and we’ll do both of your tests this afternoon, after dinner we will explain our chores and house rules to you, And yes Ms. Waters you have to do chores”

“I wasn’t going to ask, but thanks for the update. My question is will we be allow to visit our parents or keep in contact?” I asked.

“You will be allow one phone call a day and once every month you all have a visitor’s day, so don’t your fret, you will see be allowed to talk with your family,”

“Thank you Mrs. Devour.” Dimi said for me.

“What are you waiting boy, you have touch a food on your plate” Mrs. Mason said.

“I usually do prayer, Ma’am,” Dimi said.

“Yes, it’s true,” I said.

“You could mouth your prayers but at this table we just dig in when we are served, understand?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“You could just call me by Mrs. Mason. I feel to old when you call me ma’am” Dimi nodded. I nodded too.

“You too are so much a like, he nodes you nod, unbelievable,” Darren said looking at us strangely like we’re experiments. I think he notice that we are fun people and that we hid our devil when there is adults around. He laughed, and then Austin joined in. Dimi and I join in the laughter at the same time and look at each other and I brought up the memory of when we were little and both of parents said the same things at the same time too as well, but this time it was for a dare to run and roll around in the snow naked, I went first though cause I take risks! Cowards, I nudge Dimi, it use to be so easy back then. We laughed and Darren and Austin joined in because they saw it.

“What’s so funny?” Schuyler asked.

“Nothing” we all said as a union.

I turned my eggs around in my plate, that drug was still making me ill a bit. I just sat there. No idea how to start a conversation or join one because I don't want to my the two adults think I'm crazy or unlady-like and that I'm stupid and I have no idea what they are talking about. I looked down and realized my eyes were blurring up. Not good, not good at all. My head started to feel light and I felt dizzy.

"Are you alright, bree?" Dimi asked.

"Fine" but I wasn't and the next thing I knew. My head was in my food, while I took a nice little unconscious nap.