Chapter 5 The Curse of Power

A/N: This chapter small but at least you get to know all the main characters :D you guys are really sucking at the votes. it makes me sad :( i guess i'll just upload when i want to. i hope i do get a few votes and comments. Enjoy reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brianna

I headed down the hall nervously, I didn’t know where I was going and I just want to see Dimi again. I’m scared. What am I going to do? What’s going to happen to me, to us? Am I going to have to change? I’m not sure. I just want to go home, but I tried to get past my fears and put on a smile. The hardest thing I could do. I only feel comfortable near Dimi and his stepparents. I sighed. I just have to deal with it. I follow Schuyler down the hall.

“So how many people are here?” I asked.

“Well, there is five in total now”

“Awesome and how many guys, and how many girls?”

“Us two girls and three guys”

“Great” I muttered to myself. We entered what looked like a dinning room. There was a long table in the center of the room with and ceiling light hanging at the center of the table. There was a person already there. I was bummed not to see Dimi here yet. A guy stood there. I have to say the boy looked hot, but clearly didn’t want to be here. He has brown silky hair growing past his shoulders not wanting to cut it I guess with big round grey eyes that looks like it could suck your soul out of you body, it just draws you in to his eyes, looking so soulful but have that hint of cockiness in them. He smiled like he was reading my thoughts. Maybe he is, maybe he’s what that girl called me. Telepathic I think. Yeah, pretty sure it’s that.

“Darren, this is Brianna, Brianna this is Darren.” She smiles, trying to make me feel comfortable.

“Hi” I waved nervously.

I looked toward Schuyler now. She has the same eyes as Darren but winter blue eyes. Amazing, are they brother and sister?

“Yes, we are,” Darren, said reading my mind. This could get annoying. He laughs.

“Yes, we are what? Darren” Schuyler asked. She must not be telepathic, what is she then?

“She was thinking if we were siblings Sky how did you not hear that”

“Well, you’re the first to guess that on the spot, what made you think that? And its not my fault, I’m new at this. I just got this power like a month ago” It’s true they don’t look alike. She has long wonderful black curls going down to mid back and much more tanned then Darren; she has more of a slender look while Darren and much broader shoulders. You can’t even tell that they are brother and sisters only through their eyes and I didn’t even have to read their thoughts even though I see a clear glass wall in there minds like they’re shielding it but I still see a few things in the window. That made Darren frown when I said I could see their thoughts because they’re trying so hard to shield their thoughts from us people.

“I could tell through your eyes”

“How? We have different eye color, is that possible?”

“Sky, she seeing that same shapes and the same meaning in our eyes. You know it doesn’t have to be in eye color right?” she laughs because she forgot about that.

I smiled; I might actually like these people, but not the place.

Dimi and another boy walk in. Dimi comes over to my side and put his arm around my shoulders. Even though we just found out we were twins, doesn’t mean we could lose our feeling towards each other so quickly. Though it does sound disgusting, but it not our fault out stepparents ever told us. Darren and the other boy start laughing out loud like crazy. I’m guessing they both read my thoughts, jeez now I wish to have that barrier in my head because I’m right, this would get annoying. Dimi smiles because he’s reading my thoughts and knows I’m right about this being annoying.

“You guys never knew you were twins, get out. Really? Haven’t you two notice that you look exactly alike and probably have the same personality?” the boy asked

“Yeah, we noticed, but made excuses about it.”

“And your last name they’re almost the same too, your parents planned this out, I’m guessing” I shrugged and Dimi just stood there. “By the way I’m Austin” he reached for my hand. I looked at it, and then slowly raise my hand to shake it.

“So who are you two?” Dimi asked towards Schuyler, and Darren.

“I’m Schuyler, Brianna’s roommate and this is Darren, we’re twins like you, but we don’t look the same”

“Only in the eyes,” Dimi added.

“See, Sky, he sees it too,” Darren said. She laughed and sticks her tongue out at him. I’m shocked, I thought Darren would be a lot meaner guess I was wrong.

“Don’t just judge on looks Bree, can I call you that? Because Brianna is just too long to say and can I call you Dimitri, because Dimitrius is a tongue twisters if you say that fast?” Darren asked. We both laughed and nodded our heads at the same time, and then we laughed again at that. We went talk like that for about an hour. I thought they said it was breakfast? I’m so hungry.