Chapter 28 The Curse of Power

Brianna:

They were taking awhile to unlock the first lock. I took my sword out of my holder went behind Dimi and slammed the handle to break the lock. I did it a couple of times and finally it broke, I undid the chains and moved to the next person. The sword ripped the cloth of my hand and was now digging into my skin when I was on the third person. Tyson and Ash moved away from Darren and let me break the chains.

“Darren and you,” I pointed to the person I don’t know.

“Tristan” he said. I nodded.

“Grabbed Dimitri. Carter, Austin and Sky take back. The rest take front position” We left the room.

“Claire, You set an alarm off, Clones are coming up to the third floor, copy” Kathy said through the earpiece.

“Block the staircases, we’ll take the fire route, copy”

I turned to the group, “Some sort of alarm went off, we’re going to take the fire route,” I said. The rest of the group nodded. We kept going to the south wing where the fire route is. A lot of clones came running down the hallway. My sword was ready in my hand.

“Sky, Austin, take the rest to the fire route, Carter stay behind with us, copy” Austin came to the front and fought his way threw the crowd of clones, the victims followed behind and Sky came up behind me and started fight the clones following. With the four of us left we battled our way to the staircases. We already planned this. Sky and Austin will take the victims to home base and lay waiting for the rest of us to come back. Ash, Carter, Tyson and I will fight until every clone is dead.

“Bree, take back” Ash commanded. Carter and Tyson went to the west wing while Ash and I went back to the east wing. We’re back to pairs again. Ash fought most of the clones while I help killed the ones who decide to come up behind him. Once we realize that Kathy kept all of the clones on the first floor we began to climb down and help with the war. I may be a great fighter but I don’t know if I would be able to get out of this one.

Austin:

I can’t believe I’m leaving her there, but we planned this for a couple of days and they needed four people to stay behind and Bree was the best fighter out of us three. We hopped in the car. Jake was at the back checking the screen on his computer. Sky hopped in the driver seat. We put Dimi in the passenger seat cause he needed to be in a seat belt. The rest filed in the back with Jake.

“Taking it that you did good on the mission” Jake asked.

“Seriously, you’re asking? Can’t you watch on the computer screen?” I replied.

“Darren, mind hitting him in the head for me?” Sky asked up front.

I sent a glare to Sky and a threaten glance at Darren. He held up his hands in surrender. I laughed, “Good to have you back man” I slapped him on the back.

“I can’t believe you all dyed your hair. I didn’t even recognized you guys until you blew Bree’s cover” I shook my head. Okay I admit it was stupid, but c’mon she’s my girl friend and it just slipped.

“Nice to have you back sis” Jake said.

“Shut up, I know what your going to say” the girl said.

“Oh ya, what?” Jake dared.

“You’re going to say how we failed the mission and blah, blah, blah. I don’t want to hear it,” the girl said.

“No,” he dragged out the vowel, “Dad reposition the guardians around and your Dimitrius now”

“Oh” was all she said. The other man grunted.