Immortality: Chapter Three

We headed down the hallway. Garnet was on my right and Mikayla was on my left. I started straight ahead. Why didn’t she tell me these things? Why did I have to find this out by another Immortal and not my Guardian? Why is she leaving me? I don’t know what I do without her. She helps me kill all of the Dark Angels. Garnet pushed open a door and went to the bed and sat down.

“Okay, lets start with the aging system. Angel of Time mentioned in our conditions that we don’t age and you must have forgotten that we actually did, but it takes 10 human years for us to age 1 year. So you said you been like this for 15 years that makes you 16 and a half now. So you were chosen at a young age to become Immortal, so you actually age until your 18 so in another 15 years you would stop aging and then you get more powerful in strengths and speed. Understand so far?” Garnet asked. I nodded my head.

“On your 10th year your Guardian, if they live for that long, has to leave because you got so much experience that you actually smarter then them because you have matured and gotten very powerful, but sadly since Dark Angels are getting stronger and faster, the Angels wont last that long. Mine lasted 2 years for me, then I found another Immortal and we worked together ever since. I’ll let you meet her sometime this week,” I nodded my head again. Mikayla stayed silent throughout this whole conversation.

“How old are you Garnet?” I asked.

“25” he said smugly. That means he be like that for 250 years. my eyes widened. That’s a long time in one body. I would stay young for my whole life now. No husband, no children, no growing old, I can’t even go to college and not look like a freak.

“Whoa, I never seen that happen before” Garnet said, looking at me strangely.

“Seen what?” I asked.

He opened his mouth to respond, but Mikayla beat him to it, “Nothing, it was nothing. he probably saw something else” She’s hiding something. I know she is, but I’ll find out later. I narrowed my eyes, telling her that I will find out what’s she’s hiding.

“Everyone head to the auditorium, we have some announcement. Everyone to the auditorium” someone said over the intercom. Garnet got up, “Let’s go, the announcement is probably about you two, so it probably be best if your there” we nodded and followed Garnet to the auditorium. We were one of the last people to enter the auditorium, from across the room I see my old friends narrowing their eyes on to me, or at least in my direction. I turned to look at who they could be staring at and see Garnet staring them back with narrow eyes. Now I’m confused. I look at Mikayla and she shrugged. Garnet grabbed my hand and started to lead me to the front of the auditorium. I grabbed for Mikayla and dragged her with me. When we got to the front Mr. Walter told us to wait there while he went on to the stage to say his announcement, “Ladies and gentlemen. We have two new comers in our community. Please welcome Veronica Fletcher and Mikayla Saunders. Garnet leads us up onto the stage and immediately left us standing there uncomfortably.

“Miss Fletcher will be in the Advance classes while Miss Saunders would be in the Academic levels,” Mr. Walter spoke. Whispers began to spread around the auditorium. I shifted my weight. Someone shouted, “They can’t fight! We saw them already in battle mode!” I’m guessing that was someone I knew. I sighed and shifted my weight again. This is very uncomfortable.

“Would you like to demonstrate your skills ladies?” Mr. Walter asked.

“Might as well,” Mikayla said. I nodded.

“Garnet Matthew and Melanie Hanks please come up,” Mr. Walter demanded. When they reached the stage Mr. Walter backed up to give us some room.

“Miss Fletcher, since I would be putting you in advance level you would fight Mr. Matthews and Miss Saunders you would be fighting Miss Hanks” we both nodded.