Chapter 3 The Curse of Power

A/N: i'm sorry that this is a short chapter but i do hope you like it! This is not proof read so i'm sorry if there's any spelling or grammer mistakes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brianna

Two women walked into our room. We both got up to go shake their hands.

“Hi kids, my name is Mrs. Quinn and this is my helper Mrs. Richards. We have very important things to talk about, but first lets take a seat.” Dimi and I just sat back down on the bed while the two girls sat at the table set near the window and poured 4 cups of tea. I whispered to Dimi “this must not be good” he laughs but with some edge to it. He puts his arm around me and pulls me closer. The girl, Mrs. Quinn, stared at us with disgust. We both grabbed down with our free hands and took the cup of tea.

“What’s going on?” Dimi said.

“We are in no rush so let me talk first” Mrs. Quinn said.

“Do you kids know that you both are adopted?”

“No,” I said, “and I’m not. My parents would of told me already”

“But that’s where you wrong Brianna, You and Dimitrius are siblings” we both laughed. Another person thinks we are.

“You got it wrong ma’am. I know Bree and I look the same but we are at most not siblings,” Dimi explained.

“But you are, and I know this because I am your mother”

I snorted, “What is this some weird star wars movie,” I try to make my impression of Darkvator, “Luke am I your father, like really, where the hidden cameras. Do you seriously want us to believe that,” I waved my hand towards the window and a glass vase shot towards the window and broke. Damnit that wasn’t suppose to happen. Everyone cringe and Dimi stared at the broken glass pieces on the ground with wide eyes. The two women gasped.

“Okay, that didn’t help to what I wanted to say,”

“Your powers are a lot stronger then we thought” the other girl with brown hair said.

“Well, lets get back on topic, I am your mother Brianna, I look like you and Dimitrius, explain how we are not related” I didn’t answer ‘cause she was right, she did look like Dimi and I, with the blond fuzzy curls and the mucky green eyes. I look at Dimi too see if he had the answer. “Well Bree, its true she does look like us,” he shrugged.

“You can’t honestly believe her Dimi, if she was our mother, my parents would of told me I was adopted in the first place and the she,” I pointed at her and the painting in the left corner shook but didn’t go off the hook. I should really stop pointing, “would of came and visit us and wouldn’t have to kidnap us and send us to a crazy kids house. You seriously going to believe her, Dimi, are you going to believe anyone who says you’re their son eh? You have great stepparents, why would you want to give them up? She probably has some powers to hide her identity and made herself look like us to believe her crap.” I stared at him evenly. He didn’t answer. It was silent for a couple minutes.

***

Kathy:

I have a feeling something happen to Bree. I don’t know how I got these feelings, but since Shawn came by one day when I was home alone and asked question on my body and brain. That day when I was 15 was the day I was told I was the most rare psyche hunter and that my stepsister will be one too, but only out of control. He said I had to watch her. That’s my first mission to do because rare out of control powers are the people who want to kidnap and get examined on. Did she start gaining power? I’m not sure, I was scared to tell my mom at first and now she knows about it and hates how I have to lie to my own stepsister to keep it a secret and lie to her because my mom is scared to tell her that she was adopted. Now I messed up. I called Dimitrius house where his mother picked up and said they never came home yet. I’m new at this, how am I supposed to save my sister now? Do I call Shawn for help, or do I have to do this on my own? I sat down in my room, meditating, trying to get hold of my sister’s mind so I can see where she is, that’s what I mean as rare because psyche hunters are humans with a rare amount of clairvoyants in there group. I’m the youngest of the clairvoyants and supposed my sister was suppose to be telepathic or something. There was a knock on my door.

“Kathy, its dinner. Did you find her yet?” my mom pokes her head through.

“No, I didn’t find her yet.”

“You will trust me. She can’t have gotten that far, can she?”

“I guess not.”

we both headed downstairs to eat Mac and Cheese, my favourite.