Epilogue

Emma's POV
One year later

I woke up from my slumber stretching my inert limbs, slowly I put my feet down on the cold marble floor.

I tiptoed to the huge window that overlooked the twilight of the morning sky, leaving behind curled up quilts entangled on my empty bed.

A fresh gust of breeze brushed my hair as I heaved a contented sigh.

Medley of gold and pink shades adorned the dawning horizon, paying a perfect compliment to the current state of my solicitous heart.

It felt magical as I reminisced the blissful memories that ultimately led to the present day.
The birds chirped a symphony of merry songs; the air felt poetic, and it all seemed to be nature's sweet little conspiracy to make today a beautiful day.

Today was special indeed, and even though I received innumerable lectures on the importance of beauty sleep, the joy and fervour of uniting with my one true love surpassed every other bodily need.

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes into hour, as I sat silently in admiration, reflecting upon life. Soon enough, the sun rose high in the sky, and Jake's family home was now bustling in preparations.
The house was decorated like a beautiful Indian bride, the fragrance of rich bundles of flowers, of all shape, colour and type, bloomed through the corridors. Every corner was glorified, and every section of the house told it's own magnificent story.

We mutually agreed to honour Jake's father's memory and decided to have our wedlock at a place that was closest to him.

This place had given us several bittersweet memories; it was a reminder of love, sacrifice, forgiveness and forbearance; and soon it was to witness the most precious occasion of my life.

Soon I was set to call it home, my home.

We moved in here a week back, and ever since, Jake had been staying in the west wing of this gigantic mansion, while I settled in his bedroom in the east wing. He wanted to do it the traditional way, and we had not seen each other for the past several days.

It worked, as I was dying to see him, touch him and melt in his warm embrace. When I would meet him next, it would be at the altar and standing there; he won't be the billionaire CEO or the famous Jacob Richmond; instead, he would be the guy I fell in love with, the guy who would be my husband, the man of my life, the one who loved me back with the same intensity, maybe even more.

The past year had been momentous as Jake went through thick and thin to reinstall my lost trust in him. We both fought our demons of insecurities, and learnt to believe the intent before judging the act.

My parents had never been happier, my friends never felt this thrilled, and eventually, everything fell in it's rightful place.
Even though, Jake still did not forgive his mother, but I was determined that there would be a day, when he would have the heart to let her back in our lives.

The bedroom door flung open, and a parade of my loved ones stormed inside.

"What did I tell you about rest and rejuvenation?" Niki uttered with a raised eyebrow scanning for any trace of tiredness on my face. She settled in and kept a huge bag at the corner of my bed.

"Didn't I tell you that this early lark will be awake even before the start of dawn?" Britney chuckled a mock, as she came forward and gave me a tight hug.

"Oh come on you two, give my girl a little break. I am sure she was feeling the wedding jitters. Aww, my baby, I love you so much." Mom took me in her loving embrace as I wrapped my arms around her.