The morning after

The Next Morning
Lofoten Islands
Emma's POV

I woke up feeling the sun shining brightly through the glass windows. I fluttered my eyes open and saw a pair of adorable blue eyes looking at me.

"Good Morning, Emm." He gave me a soft smile and kissed my forehead.

"Good Morning, Jake", I replied shyly.

I realised I was sleeping in his arms on the couch in the living room. After seeing the mystical light show to the satisfaction of our hearts, we headed back in.

We both were not sleepy due to the sudden excitement caused by the magnificent view of the sky and also due to our respective confessions. Jake made us some coffee, and we started chatting. I couldn't precisely recall when and how, but I ended up snuggling in his arms and fell asleep.

"When did you wake up?"

"Been a while." He softly caressed my hair.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I am sorry to keep you stuck here." I gestured towards my arms that were tightly wrapped around him.

"I love to be stuck like this. Close to you, watching you sleep peacefully. I would like to get used to this". With that, he stole a lingering kiss on my lips.

"If this is not bliss, then what is?" I softly whispered while cuddling in his arms and resting my face on his chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"Last night was beautiful." He gave me a loving look.

"The best." I agreed and met his gaze.

We stayed like that for what seemed forever. I did not want this moment to end.

After some time, we finally broke the trance. I adjusted myself and looked around, "what time is it? The sky looks clear."

"Yes. It's almost one pm, and we will head back tonight. I texted my manager earlier to make all the arrangements. We would need to fly back to our hotel first, and from there, we can take my jet to fly back home".

"Your personal jet?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes."

"Are you trying to impress me, Mr Richmond?" I asked cheekily.

"Absolutely. Is it working, Ms Carter? A girl like you deserves nothing but the best". He pulled me closer in a tight embrace.

"Hey, can we first take a detour to my cottage, please? My luggage is there, and I really would like to take a shower and get out of these clothes. I feel like I am stinking." I sighed, making an ugly pout.

"Nope, you smell like strawberries. I love your scent. And yes I can help you with both." He said in a playful tone while sniffing my collar bone.

"Both?"

"Yes. The luggage and the shower."

"In your dreams, Mr Pervert. Come on now. Let's go. It looks like a long day ahead. And I absolutely hate flights."

"You won't after today," came his immediate response.

"Whatever that means." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Give me fifteen mins, and I will meet you at the front door." I moved out of his embrace before giving him a quick kiss on his cheeks and headed straight to my room.

After my morning routine and freshening up, I went outside to find Jake standing next to a luxurious silver sedan. He looked so handsome even in a basic white t-shirt and blue denim. Next to him, there was a guy in his late twenties wearing a black suit. He was well built and dressed to perfection with a pair of black sunglasses on.