Such a Tease

Emma's POV
Richmond Headquarters

I was scrolling through my emails, when suddenly a meeting invite popped up. It was from Maria, Jake's secretary.

"Mr. Richmond has requested the presence of the entire legal team on an urgent requirement in Conference Room 4. Please prioritize this meeting over any ongoing work."

The meeting was scheduled for 10:30 am, in 20 precise minutes from now.

My heart fluttered thinking of meeting Jake again. It had been a week since I last saw him. I suddenly felt a warm feeling wash over my body, my cheeks flushed and I was idiotically blushing sitting alone in my cabin.

After containing myself a bit, I looked at the time and headed straight to the conference room.
I met Mark in the elevator.

"Hi Emma. Good Morning."

"Good Morning, Mark! How are you today? Any idea what's this meeting is about?"

"I am as good as can be. Thank You for asking Emma. Can't say but since it's an urgent meeting, I am guessing it has to do something with the Norway project."

"Yes, you are right, looks like it."

We all got seated in the conference room, and were waiting for Jake to join us. Within minutes, he entered the room with his typical flamboyance, making me go weak in my knees, just by his looks.

You are sucha freak when it comes to him. My innerself taunted.

He gave me a quick glance and I couldn't help but smile warmly.

"Good Morning, Everyone. I have called this meeting to inform you all about the latest development on the Norway project, and also the European oil excavation tender we lost six months back."

Jake paused for a bit, while everyone listened attentively in pin drop silence. "We have thorough evidence that the tender was tampered by Windson Inc. and as we speak, Richmond Corp has issued a subpoena to them slamming a bribery lawsuit with other litigation charges."

Every single person present in the room, including me, gasped. We were stunned at the revelation. It was a very risky move.

What are you upto Jake? I pondered in my head. I felt uneasy, unsure of why but I felt scared.

While we all sat there comprehending in our heads, the information he just disclosed, he continued. "So obviously we won't be going ahead with our partnership with them in the Norway project, infact we would be proposing to lead that project independently." He gave a firm look to everyone in the room, and just with his look, everyone quietly nodded in agreement. That's the power he held on people. Even at such a young age, everyone respected him and nobody dared to go against his decision.

"I want all of you to work on the Norway project on high priority."

"Sure, sir." Everybody said in unison.

"Mark please take lead on this, and I want a daily report at my desk every day".

"Sure thing boss."

"Ms. Carter, I would like to see you in my office to discuss the new proposal." I was stunned by hearing my name from him in a room full of people.

"Oh Sure." I muttured nervously, looking around to read everybody's expression. Thankfully it all sounded normal.

Everyone dispersed, Jake was the first one to leave, followed by his secretary and other board of directors. There was a suddden uproar, people whispering to each other. This was a solid counter and it would have strong repurcussions, good or bad, that time would tell.