My Saviour

Emma's POV

The unknown owner of the luxurious car opened the door and stepped out. I flickered my eyes in an attempt to see through the glaring lights, but I could just manage to catch a vision of a tall well-built figure walking towards us.

He took brisk steps in our direction, and the moment he emerged from his shadow and stopped inches apart, I was dumbfounded to see who it was.

Jake?

He stood between those three despicable guys and me. His aura was intimidating, the prick who was cornering me earlier, immediately loosened his grip on me. I could see a lump form in his throat when he saw Jake's intrusion, followed by his fierce gaze that was piercing through them, warning them to back off. If rage in eyes could kill, these guys would be dead by now.

"Get in the car, Emma." Jake whispered to me.

My blood was boiling, and seeing Jake appear unexpectedly, it suddenly froze. His icy blue eyes were enraged with fury, and his strong muscles tightened under his well fitted shirt, struggling to rip it apart.

"Get in the car now." This time he was loud and clear, and I almost jerked in shock as anger renounced in his voice. I quickly agreed and went to sit in the car.

He closed his fist, and I assume he was ready to punch those obnoxious guys in the face when they stepped back in fear.

"Sorry man, we didn't know she's taken. We were just looking for some fun". They stammered and stepped back. They quickly turned around and ran back towards the club. It was not even a couple of minutes until they completely disappeared.

Jake got back in his driver seat, and without looking at me again, he pushed the accelerator, and we stormed out of that street.

There was a deafening silence in the car. I was shivering in shock, and my palms were sweating. Nobody uttered a word for a while, it took a minute or two for him to calm down before he noticed
my state.

He immediately pulled over in a better-lit ally and turned around to look at me.

His blue eyes were scanning my face. This was the moment I had always dreamt about, the day I would meet him again. I had imagined a thousand different things that I would tell him when I see him the next time, but right now I was barely coping.

The owl let out a solemn hoot, the otherwise merry streets stood in pin drop silence. The dark sky was embellished with a blanket of stars, and by some suspicious play of destiny, I was sitting inches apart from the mysterious man I met in Corsica.

He held my shoulders, and gave me a warm look. The moment he touched me, I had shivers run down my spine. These shivers were different from the ones I felt earlier.

His eyes were now soft and deep, and they were looking for answers, "are you okay, Emma?"

I could barely speak, I just blinked my eyes in response.

"Talk to me, Emma, did those guys hurt you? Did they touch you?" I could see his jaw stiffened at the mention of those guys hurting me, and the rage that had disappeared from his eyes a minute ago, was now back again.

"I am fine Jake...." I stuttered, while rubbing my arm which was sore from the rough grip.

"Show me your arm". He took my hand in his and scanned my arm that now had a red mark imprinted on it.

He brushed his fingers on it, and his soft feather-like touch felt like fireworks on my skin. His eyes had a disappointed look, he was blaming himself for not helping the situation sooner.