Vancouver

Mark's POV
Two months later
Britney's Wedding

"Hey, Niki. Yes, I picked up Emma, and we will be reaching the airport in the next ten minutes."

It wasn't even three full months, but slowly and gradually, I became part of the lives of all these beautiful people. There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends who become family.

Celebrating Christmas with Emma was a turning point, we got close post that, and her hilarious yet lovable clan came in the package along. I will be forever grateful to Emma for touching my life and making it blissful. She had been the source of pure joy and happiness in my otherwise dull existence.

What is Life, if not for good friends and great adventures? And after meeting Emma, I got just that and a lot more.
We were heading to Vancouver for Britney's wedding, Niki and Barry were already waiting for us at the airport. The bride and groom to be, headed to their hometowns a week back.

"You are coming for the hiking trip to Joffre Lake too? Right Mark?" Emma and her beautiful hazel eyes asked in anticipation. This was the same trip that they planned during Halloween last year. Unfortunately, I wasn't a part of the plan then, but I was invited to join them all now.

"Umm yes, I am not completely sure Emma, but if everything goes as planned, then definitely." I stuttered nervously if only she knew what was going on in my head.

"No way, Mark. I am not going on this trip without you. What will I do between two couples? Moreover, I want you to be there with me, please?" She looked at me with puppy eyes, as she held my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze in persistence.

"Okay, Emma. I will come."

"Yes." She literally jumped in excitement, her eyes twinkled with joy.

I had been planning for this day since almost a week now, my love for Emma was an open secret for everyone, except her.

Yes, I was madly in love with her.

Right from the first time I saw her when she sat nervously waiting in my office's reception area, wearing a simple green formal attire, and yet looking incredibly pretty and attractive; heedless of the prying eyes that were just glued on her.
Her angelic face and graceful body language made me weak in my knees when I approached to talk to her for the very first time. She had no idea how amazing she was, and that's what made her more special.

Part of me knew why she acted oblivious to my feelings. I knew she did it on purpose, she wasn't ready to confront my love for her and to acknowledge and accept her feelings in reciprocation. She was scared of letting go what she had with Jake. She was scared of feeling her feelings again; she was scared to move on.

However, the other part of me, also saw how she cared for me, wanted to spend time with me and how her eyes searched for me whenever I was out of sight.

I think our fates would be decided soon, as I had been planning something huge for her. The whole idea formed knots in my stomach, I didn't know if I had the courage to pull this, but truth was that I could do anything for Emma.

"Mark? You look lost, we have arrived. Let's go." Emma nudged me getting me out of my thoughts, as we reached the airport. We took our luggage and placed it in a trolly, and stepped inside to meet Niki and Barry in the lobby.

Barry was on the phone, and as soon as he saw us, he gave us a small smile and turned around, heading straight to the airlines' check-in line.

"Excuse my fiance Mark, he forgot his manners at home it seems. Come let me give you a hand with all our luggage." Niki was annoyed as she saw Barry left us all behind.