Her recovery

Jake's POV

"How much longer?"

"Just twenty minutes more, the location we have is in far outskirts."

"Hurry the fuck up!" I yelled at the driver who was driving at way above the acceptable speed limit.

"Jacob. Hold yourself together. She will be fine. The cops might be there already."

"I don't care Augustin. It's been more than six hours Emma is gone. I don't know what they are doing to her."

"We just received a call to take the case back. I am sure they will hold her hostage and won't touch her, not until we oblige at the least."

"We don't know that for certain. That asshole, David Windson is a wicked man. He can go to any extent."

I am so glad she was wearing her necklace, else we may have never found her this early.
When I gave her that necklace, I never intended to use that tracker. It was just precautionary. I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams that she would ever end up in a dangerous situation like this.

Please hang in there baby. I am coming for you.

As we reached the location, several NYPD cars were stationed outside. The cops were already closing in and had the entire parameter covered.

The moment I stepped out, I just paced towards the entrance, and as soon as I set my foot in that stinky dump of a place, my heart stopped. I couldn't believe my eyes, as I saw months of deception and lies getting uncovered right in front of me.

The police were tackling and arresting Erica as she stood there with a gun in her hand, pointing at someone lying on the floor.

That, someone, was the love of my life. My Emma.

Injured and covered in blood from head to toe, lifelessly recumbent in the centre of the room. Several arrows pierced my heart, all at once. I could feel the ground beneath my feet slipped away. My vision was blurred with the overwhelming tears that were building inside my eyes.

"Jake! Jake! Help me! This is not what it seems like. I love you, and you love me. Look at me, Jake!" Erica yelped and begged as she was trying to wriggle out of the hold of the cops. I felt disgusted. I could not find the strength to even look at her, because I don't know what will I do if I ever come face to face with her. I might even kill her with my own bare hands.

I just ran to Emma and took her in my arms. She was shot, her skin was ice cold. I untied the ropes and picked her up. Within seconds several paramedics entered the room; they took Emma and placed her on a stature rushing her to the ambulance. She had a weak pulse, and they immediately put her on oxygen. She was severely beaten up, the wounds on her body told the story of the torment she had gone through in the clutches of that lunatic.

I introduced Emma to Erica and insisted on giving her a chance. It was me who sealed her fate and made a deal with that witch myself. I entrusted this shrewd woman and gave her all the access she needed to claw my girl. Hell broke loose, and my innocent Emma became her ferocious target.

I will make sure she doesn't see the light of the day and rot behind bars all her life. Ben Muriel could do all he could, but this woman will reap her doing.

They took Emma for surgery. She was shot in the leg and had several injuries that inflicted internal bleeding. Her condition was very serious.
I had to inform her parents and friends. They were all here now. They were inconsolable, especially her mom, and everyone else was as petrified. I just could not see them in the eye and witness how the fear of losing their daughter dwelled inside them.
This was the hardest day of my life. I never felt this helpless. It all ensued under my watch, and I could not protect this from happening.